• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Positive...

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Ok I'm pretty sure this is a stupid question but I can't find the answer so I have to ask:

I know + Red has a grey base with 15% transmission.
I know oo Red has a G40 base.
I keep seeing mention of oo + Red. Is this the same as oo Red or something different?

Thanks, that's what I thought but I kept seeing oo+ all over the place...

And, to confirm, the only difference between + red and oo red is the base tint and related light transmission %?

Last edited:
Ok I'm pretty sure this is a stupid question but I can't find the answer so I have to ask:

I know + Red has a grey base with 15% transmission.
I know oo Red has a G40 base.
I keep seeing mention of oo + Red. Is this the same as oo Red or something different?

There is:
light +red 40%-contrast
+ red 15%-contrast

+ red polarized 18% neutral
OO red polarized 18% contrast

Oakley OO Lenses.

What is Oakley OO?
You already know that Oakley Polarized delivers true neutral color recognition that sets the gold standard for HDO. But what you may not know is that the glare control and clarity of Polarized can be supplemented with color contrasting technology that enhances HDO in certain environments. We call this new Oakley innovation Oakley OO

So it's not really an acronym but just another of their nifty brand names.

I can see how maybe OO can look like a representation of a pair of lenses... minimalist ASCII art...

Back