• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Red Iridium in Romeo 1's Oakley RX Labs Custom Cut

Ry.1982

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Check out the new lenses... Now I can legally fly with these babies on. The G40 tint is amazing for flying btw.

The O.JPG
Romoe OO red.jpg

I don't know anything about aviation, but why can you legally fly with them now? What was wrong with them before?

Unfortunately, due to a VERY slight astigmatism, and a day where I was a bit tired prior to my physical, I had a hard time reading the 20/20 lines on my flight physical exam. So I had to use a set of glasses I use for night driving to reduce some of the blur off reflected road signs to pass the exam. Since then I have had the wonderful statement of "Must wear corrective lenses'" on my FAA flight physical form. Every pilot is required to have a valid physical on record with the FAA, and keep a copy of it on their person when performing flight duties. Being that I am currently working on adding ratings to my license, I have to fly with an instructor and sometimes a FAA examiner. So, that means no flying with Romeo's unless I have corrective lenses in them.....