• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Red Iridium Lens Help?

Sam'ssunglasses

Oakley Beginner
So I was wondering if the oo red iridium polarized lens comes in a non-polarized version? Have a friend that wants to know.

No. You can get red iridium non polarized but it will have more of a bluish tint looking through it, not the pinkish tint that oo red has.

Welcome Beginners: Here is a pic of the oo Red Polar that is custom cut for Juliets. Then a pic of Pos Red to follow. The oo Reds allow alot more light to transfer through them and lack the color of the Pos Red. There is no Polar Pos Red as stated above

Last edited by a moderator:
There are in fact, both +Red Polarized, and OO Red Polarized. They both use the same Iridium coating, just on a different base. A frame with +Red Polarized can be seen on Oakley's website here-

http://www.oakley.com/products/7171/27294

+Red Polarized is listed as 18% LT, whereas regular +Red is listed at 15% LT. I don't believe I've ever seen OO Red or OO Red Polarized listed on a LT chart but I'd have to think they'd be just a little higher since they use a contrast base vs the grey base in the +Red.

that's not always the case. Sorry to say, I have chpped OO Reds that look like Pos Reds, and vice versa. When it comes to Oakley Red lenses, you can count on 1 thing only: INCONSISTENCY!

Pos Red on the left, and OO Red on the right...Don't think so? look below to see them with light passing through.
IMG_2523_zps2525577c.jpg~original

IMG_2522_zps950005fd.jpg~original

Really great pics chop, I stand corrected, was looking for lenses typically used for X-Metal cutting, and from what I have seen never saw what the two of you posted. Not sure of the curvature of the Switches, but yes Oak does make them. That is a good thing for me, as long as the curvature is right, I have wanted personally a set of the Pos Red Polar.

Latest Posts

Back