• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO +Red Iridium Polarized vs. VR28 Black Iridium Polarized

Are you looking at OO Red Iridium Polarized, or Positive Red Iridium Polarized? They are different lenses. OO is a rose-based contrast lens; I've never had it, but have had a couple OO Black lenses and absolutely love them. I'm getting my first Positive Red lens soon, but it is a neutral base without the contrast enhancement.

Looking to get new lenses for my Flak Jackets and I've narrowed it down to OO +Red Iridium Polarized or VR28 Black Iridium Polarized. Looking to use them as my everyday lens. I know the VR28 would be a little darker but the look of the +Red is very appealing.

Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks!

OO Red Iridium is not suitable for daily use IMO. It is too light and the lenses look awkward on certain frames because they are so see-through. Normal Positive red iridium however is much more usable, blocks more light and is not as see-through like OO red iridium.

VR28 Black Iridium Polarized is a great daily lens because it is so versatile. It can be used in cloudy or very sunny conditions and has a nice look as well although not as flashy/cool as normal positive red iridium. The contrast view you get from VR28 BIP is going to be a personal preference, but to me it is pleasing to the eyes.

You cannot go wrong with Pos red or vr28 bip for a daily lens.

I also find OO Red Iridium too bright for most conditions and usually opt for VR28 Black Iridium Polarized for everyday wear. Its such a versatile lens that I usually use it everyday on my commute.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm not a fan of the "see-throughness" of the OO Red. I'm definitely going to go with the VR28.

Appreciate the feedback!

We had hazy sunshine today, with high cloud. The OO reds were perfect in those conditions.

That's the thing with lenses, it's all situational - there might be times VR28 BIP is not letting enough light in, just as OO red sometimes lets in too much. And, in the end, it's a great excuse to get more frames and lenses! ;)

I have both OO red polar and vr28 BIP. As others have said, the 00 red polar let in quite a bit of light. They are beautiful to look through and I wear then often while driving. I have heavy window tint and these are a great pair of road glasses. Full sun they are not the best... VR 28 BIP is a great all around lens. I personally don't care for the "brown" outward appearance of the lens, but they awesome to look through and provide excellent contrast. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite lenses! You won't be disappointed with the VR28 BIPs!

Back