• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Red Iridium vs Ruby Iridium POLARIZED lenses

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
I'm about to have a large amount of lenses custom cut mostly for my Pennys and Julies....and I was wondering if anyone had any good pictures of OO Red Iridium and Ruby Iridium POLARIZED LENSES?

I have several sets of older Juliet Ruby Iridium lenses (16-835), but I don't want to have those cut to fit my Pennys. I'd like to find another red lens donor that is POLARIZED instead. I have 2 Ruby Iridium sets....but want polar so I would really like to see OO Red Iridium vs Ruby Iridium on glasses on people, preferably side by side if possible. But no matter....please share whatever examples you have. THANKS!

16442142469_80b96fcf9d_c.jpg

+ Red polarized.

23204578773_545c333a11_c.jpg

OO Red Polarized.

24467038445_3668fa7e15_z.jpg

Ruby, Non-polarized.

Last edited:
Thanks! I just realized my Ferrari Carbon Blades are Ruby polarized to make reference to. I like the + red polar you have pictured. I think the OO Red polar might be too much purple for my taste. I see you have + red polar on a Juliet.....what donor was used?

Thanks again! That G30 also looks nice...

If it matters to you; your eyes are pretty visible when wearing OO RIP. It is a great medium light lens that works well as long as there is daylight. In bright light the light transmission is a bit high and something darker is better. I love it for driving in most conditions.

Thanks! I'm diggin the +red but don't think I'll be able to get any polar versions. I can get some donors no polar for my Pennys and Julies at about $40. I might just do that. How do they compare with G30? The pics I've seen with G30 look fantastic..