• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Red Positive Iridium Polarized Question

Scubad

Oakley Beginner
Utah
I have a question for the experts.

I have these lenses in a pair of Fast Jackets. I'm having a weird effect when I move my head nd keep my focus on a point that sometimes the base lens color changes from the "brown" contrast to more of the neutral grey.

For example, I picked a point of focus. I moved my head to the left while maintaining the focus. This would typically make me look through the inside corner of the lens, almost like looking cross eyed with one eye. This would change the base color from the brown contrast to more of a neutral hue. I tried this with my lenses and then stopped by a Oakley Vault and did the same with their pair.

Any ideas on what is causing this and if their is a lens like the OO Red Positive that doesn't do this?

The staff at the store experienced the same effect. Called Oakley CS and they were helpful in setting up a return or warranty process but could not explain it.

Thanks for the help.

Dennis

I have a question for the experts.

I have these lenses in a pair of Fast Jackets. I'm having a weird effect when I move my head nd keep my focus on a point that sometimes the base lens color changes from the "brown" contrast to more of the neutral grey.

For example, I picked a point of focus. I moved my head to the left while maintaining the focus. This would typically make me look through the inside corner of the lens, almost like looking cross eyed with one eye. This would change the base color from the brown contrast to more of a neutral hue. I tried this with my lenses and then stopped by a Oakley Vault and did the same with their pair.

Any ideas on what is causing this and if their is a lens like the OO Red Positive that doesn't do this?

The staff at the store experienced the same effect. Called Oakley CS and they were helpful in setting up a return or warranty process but could not explain it.

Thanks for the help.

Dennis

Same effect here, Ten X.
Comes from the Iridium coating and I would say that's normal (hue blue -> red)

yup its "normal". violet does it, jade does it too. looking thru the green parts of the lens and the purple parts of the lens (at the edges) has different hues..

I'm on my way out the door to try my Jade lenses. uh oh!

I so love the OO Red+ lens. It might be one of those, just live with it scenarios.

Any recommendations for a medium contrast lens that it won't have that effect?

Dennis

Tried out the Jade, similiar effect but not as pronounced as the OO +Red. I think I will keep the lens. I like it and hopefully if I wear it enough I will not notice it...

Dennis

Back