• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Red Vs +red Polarized

100Plus

Oakley Beginner
Any pro would like to help me with this?

Oakley sites put +red Polarized and label it as a Category 3 lens while 00 red polarized is at Category 2. Are there really 2 different Red polarized lens? Any one has a +red Polarized ?

The OO Red and the +Red both use the same +Red Iridium coating, but the base tint is different. The +Red Iridium is a plain gray base, meaning its very neutral to look through. It keeps your standard colors in tact while just darkening things up. The OO Red has more of a contrast base, meaning that it will slightly alter the colors you see as you look through it. Often times this means higher light transmission rates as well leading to a slightly weaker category rating.

The OO Red and the +Red both use the same +Red Iridium coating, but the base tint is different. The +Red Iridium is a plain gray base, meaning its very neutral to look through. It keeps your standard colors in tact while just darkening things up. The OO Red has more of a contrast base, meaning that it will slightly alter the colors you see as you look through it. Often times this means higher light transmission rates as well leading to a slightly weaker category rating.

Is it true that 00 red polarized and there is a +red Polarized? That the main thing that im concern about :D

I have both lenses.OO red polarized is available in Racing Jacket and the Jawbone has +Red polarized option. Different base lens though. +Red has the grey base and OO red polarized is a G40 base almost identical to VR28. IMO if you want a darker lens go with + Red Polarized.

Pos Red is a neutral lens that simply darkens things, while OO Red is a contrast enhancing lens on a G40 base. The biggest difference is the OO isn't really a great lens for bright light situations, more of a medium to hazy day type situation, while Pos Red Polar is great for a sunny day. A comparison pic I just took is below of both side by side. Pos Red Polar on the left, and OO Red Polar on the right. Oddly enough, the OO Red this time, has coloring like Pos Red, while the Pos Red is lighter like OO Red usually is. Kind of like Fire and Ruby...

IMG_2523_zps2525577c.jpg

IMG_2522_zps950005fd.jpg

The OO Positive Red Iridium is my favorite everyday lens. I use it from sunny through cloudy conditions. I love it's flexibility and at my age need both the additional light and enhanced contrast.

;)Woah thanks for the info guys. Another question is there a Flak Jacket with the + red Iridium Polarized? I thought i saw a description that says polished black Flak Jacket with +red Polarized. Normally sports frame like radarlock and radar has a 00 red polarized lens

Back