• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO9013-C455 Weirdness

Rhymes

Oakley Enthusiast
Anything special about this pair?
Why the letter in the SKU?

The fitment is very odd. Feels wider then all my other frogs. Lenses don’t seem to fit my other frames as well.

I noticed this SKU on the SI site, as well as the main site. What’s the deal with that?

Anything special about this pair?
Why the letter in the SKU?

The fitment is very odd. Feels wider then all my other frogs. Lenses don’t seem to fit my other frames as well.

I noticed this SKU on the SI site, as well as the main site. What’s the deal with that?
We need pics... the SKU doesn’t appear to show on OR...

D

We need pics... the SKU doesn’t appear to show on OR...

D

@“TRUMP”
@Lexkempo
Sorry for the late reply I fell off for a bit. Here’s the o-review and pics
2b32a635ee30a841276287cf0c1b1851.jpg

c134b5a35de0c6f92af1a43c0f169f16.jpg

a09d40f3ab1e5826d2b692ad21194745.jpg

28198cff26a310f0986791fefe28bc86.jpg

Those are Gen.4 frogskins - their arms have that snappy feeling to them in open/closing, an they're more robust as a whole. Unfortunately you can't really swap the arms over to the pre-2017 pairs, and even trying to remove them on these newer ones can be tricky at times. They do share the same hinge design as the frogskins lites though - I did a little comparison of all the different gens hinges here > Frogskins Hinge Comparison

Swapping the lens from a Gen.3 into the Gen.4 is hit or miss, a select few of pre-2017 lenses from the Gen.3 will work but may be loose/rattle, but still stay in. While most won't work at all, or will but not correctly; there'd be a small gap in the top inner corner of the frame, that'd leak light through when I tried putting Fire Ird from a Nitro pair into the same frame you actually have. I couldn't get any lense besides Jade from another Gen.4 to fit those frames so I ended up selling them. Their prizm black lens did however work on a Gen.1 frame I had which was nice.

@Lexkempo
@Chris A Hardaway
Here’s pics of my predicament. Lenses different shape and BC.
Stickered lens is Prizm Black from OO9013-C455
Non stickered is BIP
Still trying to figure out why the C455 frame has a different fit and lens.
View attachment 631888View attachment 631889View attachment 631890View attachment 631891

Polarized lenses tend to have a more pronounced base curve (making for more of a fisheye reflection) than non-polar lens which are flatter, not sure why that is but something I noticed on the reflection of my violet ird and VIP lenses - @Chris A Hardaway might be able to explain why that is the case with Frogskins lenses... since I haven't see the BC difference in other models except for frogskins..

IMG_8239.JPG

Last edited:
Polarized lenses tend to have a more pronounced base curve (making for more of a fisheye reflection) than non-polar lens which are flatter...

Aaaah, that explains why my OO9013-F755 (PBP) has a smaller BC than other pairs. The fit is also different (narrower) and my theory is that the BC of the lens affects the shape of the main frame, bending it slightly more. Or it's a different frame to make the more curved lenses fit better. I can't wear them without a headache. o_O

Back