• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ooops - Unexpected New Bones...

Mikkelf

Oakley Beginner
Went to the optician today to pickup a lot of contactlenses for the next half year.....and came home with contactlenses....AND a new pair of Silver / Clear Black Iridium SOLFX Transitions Jawbones with a 25% discount.

And then when I came home the mailman had delivered a little fleabay goods in the shape of a red ear- and nosepiece for my Polished Alu Radars.

6050199478_58f29705d9.jpg

6049646451_ffe3584582.jpg

Not bad for a tuesday.....

/Mikkel

I've read mixed reviews on those transitions lenses. Some say it doesn't change fast enough/work well in varying light conditions. So if it's a partly cloudy and sunny day and the clouds come in for a few minutes at a time and then the sun comes back out, the lens won't darken fast enough.

What's your take on it?

I'll let you know when I have tried them mountainbiking in the forest within the next week. I have heard something like it, but mostly about the VR50 Transitions. The most important for the clear/black is to stay clear in the forestshadows nad just take the sting out of any sunny spots :eek:).

First impressions says that I can't see any difference but is is very low light outside in denmark today (most rainy summer in a lot of years...)

I've read mixed reviews on those transitions lenses. Some say it doesn't change fast enough/work well in varying light conditions. So if it's a partly cloudy and sunny day and the clouds come in for a few minutes at a time and then the sun comes back out, the lens won't darken fast enough.

What's your take on it?
It depends on the weather. If you live in a humid area (like I live in FL) they don't change fast enough but up north where it's dry. They change much faster.

Tried out my new Jawbones (although now slightly customized with a set of Retina Burn thrubolts) today on a sunny mountainbikeride at a local trail with lots of both different forestareas and open fields. The forestareas consisted of all kinds of lightsituations both very deep dark forest and younger forest with lights coming through the threes. The clear black iridium transitions worked absolutely flawless. Did not have any issues even going directly from bright light to the darkest areas. The humidity was around 65% in Denmark today.

Back