• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Open Shelving - How can you minimise having to clean lenses?

If you want them displayed and dust free, do what the model kit owners do: buy craploads of clear plastic boxes and put your sunnies in the box for open shelf display.

Or if you're more engineer minded like myself, modify all the open shelves with glass doors
Do you put any seals around the glass, or are they enough to block the majority of the dust on their own?

Yeah, I have put a rubber seal around the glass to try and get a good seal, but it is very dusty here in Jordan. I usually give them a rinse before I wear them.
Does dust sitting on the lenses over time affect them at all? Or do you wear all of the ones in the case often enough that they’re each getting rinsed regularly?

Does dust sitting on the lenses over time affect them at all? Or do you wear all of the ones in the case often enough that they’re each getting rinsed regularly?
I wear them often enough to not have a problem. Anyhow, I don't think dust on it's own is enough to cause an issue as long as I'm not using the cloth to rub them clean. I heard some people scratching lenses accidentally this way.

Back