• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opinions On Big Etchings

ericforman

I should Work at Oakley
Idaho
I recently picked up a Grenade Frogskin with pretty scratched up lenses so I planned to replace them with the possibility of maybe coming by a pair of replacement lenses or else just getting a regular set of lenses.
So I put them on just because to run an errand and the big grenade etching in the corner is almost as distracting as the scratches are! Definitely not my cup of tea.
So, what do you guys think of big lens etchings?

Not really a big etching, but the "polarized" on my flak jacket xlj lenses does get annoying once in a while. Not often though, and not near enough for me to buy non-polar for that reason.

I got (3) custom etched lenses for my Radars and (2) Polarized lenses...

It's never bothered me at all...

I recently picked up a Grenade Frogskin with pretty scratched up lenses so I planned to replace them with the possibility of maybe coming by a pair of replacement lenses or else just getting a regular set of lenses.
So I put them on just because to run an errand and the big grenade etching in the corner is almost as distracting as the scratches are! Definitely not my cup of tea.
So, what do you guys think of big lens etchings?
I'll just take them off your hands instead :p

I'm a big fan of them, I think it is a really cool touch. I just wish that it was easier to replace them (especially when you aren't the one that scratched them :tongue:)

I was told by an Oakley employee to call up customer support and see if they have any of the etched lenses around for warrantee purposes so you might be able to luck out on that

Back