• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opinions On Lenses For Carbon X Squared

discodave

Go Navy!
I have a pair of Carbon X Squared coming in a few days. They already have the black iridium polarized lenses in them but I'm thinking I will want something that wil stand out just a LITTLE more.

I'm thinking emerald would look good.

What do you guys think would look best. I don't want fire because my other pair has fire lenses.

A lot of ruby these days looks for "fruby", close to fire.

Emerald is a good choice or you could go jade for a more intense green. I agree ice would be a good choice, and so would violet. Probably the first question to ask, though, would be if you want a neutral tint for bright light or a contrast tint for more cloudy days. Of emerald, jade, ice, and violet, only violet is contrast, the rest are neutral. (Your fires are contrast but with a low light transmission, making them pretty good all-around).

Personally, with carbon frames I really like +red polarized for neutral / bright light or oo red polarized for contrast / low light. Throw on some LG red or white rubbers with one of those two lenses and they'll look sick...

I had ice in my carbon and the frame seemed to over power the lens and it did not look very vibrant to me. I currently have ruby in it and that seems to be quite nice and bright. Defiantly stands out like I wanted. Fire also looks nice in the carbon frame as well.

I have a pair with ruby, ice and IH violet. All those the lense stand out pretty good. Also kept a eom polarized for ****s and giggles

Emerald would be a good combo, but ice is another killer alternative.
this along w/ green linegear rubbers like this:
j6rbk1.jpg

I believe these are aftermarket lenses but it gives you an idea
4u768j.jpg

30savc0.jpg

2qi3h5i.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back