• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opinions please!

hereispunishment

I should Work at Oakley
Big ol Texas
Hypothetical question....;)
So if you had a 5th Gen Brand New in box pair of X-Metal Juliets with nice dark Ruby lenses model 24-125 and a New 1st Gen pair of X-Metal Juliets with Ruby lenses ( yes, with deep violet hue in 8.5-9/10 condition due to cleaning marks) and matching complete X Serial box... Which would you keep and which would you let go?
Oh and the ones you keep you'll use on the daily.

The daily wearing changes everything. Would keep the serialized 1st Gen, but the marked up lenses changes that too. Probably keep this one. You can sell the NEW one and get the most out of it. Due to wearing them your changing the values and since the 1st gen lenses are marked up might as well wear that one. Hope that makes sense.

It comes down to personal preference. Keep the ones you prefer to wear, based on looks or feel as the 1st gen with some lens wear but nothing major is probably worth at least the same, and probably a little more, than the newer 24-125, so you are likely to get about the same $ out of either sale.

I would choose the 1st gen as the cleaning marks are minimal and 1st gen trumps most others in most cases.

Also note: I personally do not consider most 24-125's to be 'dark Ruby', but I presume that descriptor is offered in comparison to newer, more 'Fruby' lenses...? I took that into consideration thinking your question through.

one more variable to keep and wear the x serial. down the road, you can get it tuned and the corners of the tabs being square will make it so you get the tightest possible tune as opposed to the last gen rounded tabs. and if your going to wear them anyway, a tuned/rebuilt x serial is worth more than an equal non serial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back