• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opinions please!

For someone who just purchased a set of Ruby lenses (thanks @scienergy!) dated from 2007, I'm eager to see where mine rate on the "deep red" scale. I've been seeking the purple hued versions (of which I fondly refer to as the "Cyclops from X-Men" Ruby) but alas as everyone here has stated they're near impossible to find in good shape, or at reasonable cost to boot! I was told that mine air on the side of "deep red" instead of Fruby so once I receive them I will post a pic of them in this thread. Being from Ohio during this time of year we have our fair share of cloudy days so I'll make sure the pic I snap is during one of those days. I'll snap a pic of them inside too so that it shows the lighting difference. I feel better knowing that the lenses I purchased are as close to the purple hued ones as I'm going to get. With those so hard to come by I'm glad I went with what I did rather than search for a needle in a haystack.

Last edited:
Here's some shots of the 2007 Ruby Juliet lenses I got from @scienergy. Some are inside, others outside in the sun and others while cloudy outside. Angles show deep red at times yet other times they have the fire look but not much. The photos really don't do these lenses justice at all.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429235801.310182.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429235811.268142.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429235825.453624.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429235839.406122.jpg

Back