• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opinions Wanted: Fake Or Not?

Those are real. Or if they are fake they are very, very good ones. The photographs make the lens colors look a little off, but from what I can tell the photos are just dark. The case looks real to me, the box looks real to me, and the frame and color combination, while custom, does look authentic. Most fakes I've seen were much more obvious. I now own 8 pairs of jawbones (I think), and while this doesn't make me an expert, I have done my fair share of searching. :)

If the glasses are custom shouldn't the white box be a black OCP-box? (unless of course the seller has customized it himself from other standardglasses).

Also I don't agree on the hardcase being legit. The internals of an authentic case looks like this

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received some additional information and it more or less confirms that they are fakes as far as I know. I am currently uploading more pictures for you guys to evaluate. But the following indicates strongly that it may actually be fakes

- The WHITE earsocks has "Livestrong" imprinted. I believe only yellow Livestrong earsocks exists.
- The Jaws does not have the O-logo on the inside as they are supposed to.
- The polishing cloth does look very fake - and normally there is no cloth included with a Jawbone besides the bag
- The bag included looks real but it is not a reala JAwbone bag sincec it is only grey and does not contain the Jawbone pattern.
- No SKU number on the inside of the earstems
- Nosepieces looks very fake. Has a color that is neither white nor grey - more like offwhite.
- And finally the nosepieces does not match the Orange Jaws that I send him

But it is a really wellmade fake I would say...

Pictures to follow.... I am on a ****ty slow internet connection right now....

I'm no pro, but those lines of the frame cuts for the nose locks look too sharp to be Oakley. The frame doesn't look like O-Matter, but that could be the lighting.

The lens has no edge bevel from what I can see.

The metal icon for the case should have embossing showing inside, I've had 5-6 cases and they never put material over that, just the zipper ends. The foam also looks too open-celled, there's normally a more close-celled top layer to the case foam. The glasses should also not be loose in an array case.

A fake case doesn't mean the glasses are fake however. He could have gotten the glasses without a case and bought one on eBay that was fake. And additional lenses from VL or other third-party lens maker.

If there's this much doubt, RUN AWAY

@Mikkelf
100% unreal!
it screams FAKE
the vault, the micro bag, the box . . .

maybe he put some original lenses beside for the pic but don't think about that pair!

Fortunately I never bought this, but another guy did and he is now looking for help, which I am trying to give him. I traded some parts with the buyer - unfortunately one of the parts that he bought - and back home (I'm at my holidayhome right now) should a pair of Black Iriridium be waiting for me. Is "exited" about finding out if the glasses I traded are fake or not.

Will let the buyer now that he should contact the seller and have a chat with him.

Thanks for your inputs - highly appreciated.

Maybe we should found a Oakley Intelligence Agency and hunt down fake-sellers the 007-way... :eek:)

Back