• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opinions Wanted - Lenses for E-Wire Gen 1

XraySpecs

Oakley Expert
I decided I'm finally going to put some new lenses in an old pair of first gen E-Wires that I've had since new.

Recommendations? I'm likely going to order a set of the Fuse lenses (since I've wanted to see quality and fit for myself anyway).

I think I'm between the Fuse + Blaze Mirror and Fuse + Carbon Mirror, but the Sapphire Mirror would probably look great in the E-Wires as well....

Decisions, decisions... Thoughts?

I decided I'm finally going to put some new lenses in an old pair of first gen E-Wires that I've had since new.

Recommendations? I'm likely going to order a set of the Fuse lenses (since I've wanted to see quality and fit for myself anyway).

I think I'm between the Fuse + Blaze Mirror and Fuse + Carbon Mirror, but the Sapphire Mirror would probably look great in the E-Wires as well....

Decisions, decisions... Thoughts?
Maybe you should pick out and Oakley lens and have @Chris A Hardaway take care of that problem for you. ;)

I'll get some actual Oakley lenses for them eventually, but would like to get them operational before an upcoming vacation, and have been curious about the Fuse lenses anyway, so I'm likely to snag a pair to fill the short-term need at least.

I can't help on the fuse, sorry. That might be a quick fix, but when you want them to look awesome go to ebay, search "authentic Oakley fuel cell lenses", then buy a pair, and i'll charge you a small fee to cut them! They have some great ruby lenses on ebay for only $25. Buy the time they are cut, shipped, etc you have a perfect set of authentic Oakley for under $65!

Very likely I'll do that at some point in the future.

How long does it typically take you to cut & turn around? Safe to assume you have the dimensions and I'd just need to send the lenses themselves (not the frames) to have you cut them?

I can't help on the fuse, sorry. That might be a quick fix, but when you want them to look awesome go to ebay, search "authentic Oakley fuel cell lenses", then buy a pair, and i'll charge you a small fee to cut them! They have some great ruby lenses on ebay for only $25. Buy the time they are cut, shipped, etc you have a perfect set of authentic Oakley for under $65!

Actually, you will need to send in the frame. Sorry about that! I'll typically only have your frame and lenses in my possession for 2-3 business days max. Many have said if they used priority mail to send to me they had back within about a week! PS, someone you can find titanium Eyepatch lenses on Oakley for cheap too, those also work in the E wire!
Ciao bro.

Back