• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found Or trading parts for a mars.

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

I recently came across a job that involved a regular mars. When I went to break it down it was beyond tight and rather strange.. at any rate it broke. First for me. There was someone on here with a broken mars at one point perhaps we can find that person again..

Gotta be a left please. I have other xmetal things to help on the search to secure one. I feel bad about this.. who wouldn't. I believe the frame was previously cracked but I cant really prove that other than some heat marks from a tig welder.. I've never seen a pair break with no effort before. I gotta call on the oakley forum here to help..Facebook has been a wash in the last 12 hours or so.. I know you guys must know a guy who knows a guy that has a busted mars

At any rate please help.. this gentleman is a decent damn dude and I wanna make it right in the best way I can.. unfortunately i have no regular mars left.. thanks all..

Brian.

Some people reacted to this post.
A couple of years ago that eBay seller “toomuchoverstock” was selling mars parts like that. He had about 6 complete frames that were all broken. Either the left or right orbital was missing the tab. He was parting them out. I mean all the parts too. Lenses, boxes, anything he could get apart he sold separate. It was a shame too, to make a complete Frankmars would have cost about $600 buying the parts from him and he still wouldn’t ever guarantee me that he would send the matching serial box with parts.

Anyway the point is someone or serval someone’s got them so I know there are parts out there. I’m pretty sure most of the broken tabs were on the right too so that’s better luck for you finding a left.

I hate it that happened to you man but I know the feeling. I was cutting some lenses a while back and my compressor kicked on and scared the **** out of me. I jumped out of my skin and the Dremel had its way with a lens. 😂 at least it wasn’t Emerald!

Good luck man, I’ll keep an eye out for you.

Thanks so much buddy.

Check this out. I'm in talks now with someone who has a broken mars. I'm hoping we can come to an agreement here. I'll keep nagging him until I do lol.. I'm gonna reach out to that Ebay gent you mentioned here. This is all a first for me.. I do know though that the pair here was previously repaired. I can see the heat marks from the tig welder. I just happened to finish them off.

It would be some **** if that pair you’re working on was one of the ones that eBay guy sold back then. I wish I had kept track of those serials. I was not channeling my inner Cacatman then. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back