• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Orbital rubber rings on X-Metal frames

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Are the orbital rings on the Penny and Juliet the same size....are they interchangeable with one and other? I see some available from OXM parts and from Linegear. I had purchased some from OXM a while back for the Juliet. I need some for the Penny...not sure if the Juliet ones will work. If not...I suppose I can trim them to fit? Thoughts? Thanks fellas...

Harry

wont fit, maybe trim but you are better off trimming/cutting old earsocks. the juliet gaskets are asymmetrical, while the penny gaskets are not.

Ah.....thanks man. Think I'm better off with Linegear or OXM? Or doesn't really matter? I took my lenses out today on some of my frames, and the OEM ones just crumbled apart....

Haven't tried OXM but their washers are awesome. Would love to give their orbital gaskets a try sometime. I have used linegear in the past, they work just fine but are obviously "squishier" than oem.

Haven't tried OXM but their washers are awesome. Would love to give their orbital gaskets a try sometime. I have used linegear in the past, they work just fine but are obviously "squishier" than oem.

I'll go ahead and order some more for the Penny....$10 a set is a bit steep but....eh. Squichier I take it is a negative?

I'll go ahead and order some more for the Penny....$10 a set is a bit steep but....eh. Squichier I take it is a negative?
Not necessarily a negative, I think they work just fine. Some people want the rubber a little closer to the stiffness of the OEM stuff. I don't think you can go wrong either way!

Ordered a few sets....I have some complete LG Penny kits on the way, so I will be able to compare. I can't imagine how on earth I will notice a difference once installed but....oh well. $22 for 4 tiny pieces of rubber....talk about a profit! :-O

Latest Posts

Back