• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Original Juliet Ruby Release Matching Set - 2nd grail found 😃😃😃

Those are beautiful. I plan on storing away my matching set for most of the time and mainly wear my Juliet with the custom cut.

I've debated pulling my ruby's from my XM000409 penny. They are still in great condition to....I love wearing them so I have not done it yet...
You have your case now, aren't they safe while inside the case?

Its something I've wondered about as well....is there any UV damage or "contact with air and dust" concerns from displaying lenses?

You have your case now, aren't they safe while inside the case?

Its something I've wondered about as well....is there any UV damage or "contact with air and dust" concerns from displaying lenses?
I was more talking about wearing them and getting scratched from normal wear.

The only ones I avoid displaying is gen 1 plasma and titanium finishes. I've read a post talking about direct sun light on display is not good for them. Also, my color label sets I keep locked up on the bottom section which has no light touching it. The sunlight definitely causes fading in the label.

But all my other sets that are x metal finish, plasma, polished or o matter I'm not worried about.

928A8F4D-1164-4FC0-A894-2A05E5F7212F.jpeg

I was more talking about wearing them and getting scratched from normal wear.

The only ones I avoid displaying is gen 1 plasma and titanium finishes. I've read a post talking about direct sun light on display is not good for them. Also, my color label sets I keep locked up on the bottom section which has no light touching it. The sunlight definitely causes fading in the label.
OK gotcha brother - no kidding on the Gen 1 plasma and Ti finishes getting effected? Thats news to me, and sucks....I already feel particular about having 50+ X Metals in the case and only wearing a few. To take them out of the case, and put them in the dark and not ever see them anymore....seems ironic from enjoying a collection point of view.

Please do protect those colored labeled boxes, I think its you and @SiRacer420 box and label collection is impressive!

OK gotcha brother - no kidding on the Gen 1 plasma and Ti finishes getting effected? Thats news to me, and sucks....I already feel particular about having 50+ X Metals in the case and only wearing a few. To take them out of the case, and put them in the dark and not ever see them anymore....seems ironic from enjoying a collection point of view.

I might be wrong on that. I saw in one or two threads it may cause some discoloration. If anyone knows better, please correct me.

I might be wrong on that. I saw in one or two threads it may cause some discoloration. If anyone knows better, please correct me.
We might need to call upon the master of lists @cacatman to see if he covered this one already. :)

Honestly most of my X-Metal knowledge is from reading all the previous informative posts on this forum - got to love this place!

not sure on the bone ones but yes the plasma on the R1s and the XX plasma ice yellow and even look almost bronze. Not sure if it is a reaction from the sun and exposure to maybe some other factor like a cleaner or the adhesive in the foam.

Finally found an original matching set Juliet Ruby serial # X001608. Finish and the original lenses are mint! The lenses are certainly the darkest Ruby’s I have.

Top 2 grails found: 1)original Juliet ruby release matching set and 2) gen 1 penny ruby release matching set. 😃😃😃

View attachment 750105View attachment 750098View attachment 750097View attachment 750099View attachment 750100View attachment 750101View attachment 750104View attachment 750112View attachment 750102View attachment 750103
congrats!!! thats awesome!!! nice set