• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Original X Metal "Romeo" model Sunglasses with Original Box and Coin

FUL JIB

Oakley Beginner
I have a question....I am new to this but just got off the phone with an Oakley store in Texas and the sales rep recommended I go onto an Oakley forum and try to sell my Oakley sunglasses. I was cleaning out some boxes in my garage after 11 years of sitting there and came across my old Oakley X Metal "Romeo" sunglasses. I have the original box and coin, even the paperwork that came with them. I remember purchasing these sometime around 1995. Do any of you have recommendations as to where I might start if I wanted to sell them? They are the gray frame with the mirror gray lenses.

IMG_5245.jpg

You shouldn't have any issues selling them here once you meet the exchange requirements (member for 2 weeks and 15 posts) or by purchasing a membership which gives you access to the Xmetal exchange right away.

And nevermind the messages you get with the lowball offers that you won't be able to reply to anyway.

With box and coin, as well as matching serial number on box and glasses, in good shape....you'd likely be looking at around 750-800.

Thank you for your response. The rep at the Oakley store stated that Oakley did a reproduction back in 2020 including both X Metal models, the Romeo's and Juliets and the set sold for $15,000.00. I also have a pair of Juliets from the mid 90's as well, Sub Zero.4's, Racing Jackets, etc. I have all their boxes and paperwork that came along with them. I am much older these days and these do not fit my style anymore.

Again, I appreciate you responding to me. I guess i will do more research and see what I can sell the pair for.

Thank you for your response. The rep at the Oakley store stated that Oakley did a reproduction back in 2020 including both X Metal models, the Romeo's and Juliets and the set sold for $15,000.00. I also have a pair of Juliets from the mid 90's as well, Sub Zero.4's, Racing Jackets, etc. I have all their boxes and paperwork that came along with them. I am much older these days and these do not fit my style anymore.

Again, I appreciate you responding to me. I guess i will do more research and see what I can sell the pair for.
I call dibs on your Zero.

Non expert here. I believe that was a limited addition production of two pairs sold together. Oakley (Luxottica) had to come up with a different way to manufacture these pairs because they didn't/couldn't cast the titanium the way they did it in the past. And that may have been one of the reasons for the higher cost. The store actually did you no favors by mentioning that and getting your hopes up thinking you may get close to that number. Just look at old sales posts here and on eBay and you can get a gauge on pricing. Just keep in mind eBay has a lot of unrealistic sellers that have items WAY overpriced, and therefore won't sell. :cool: 🤙

Non expert here. I believe that was a limited addition production of two pairs sold together. Oakley (Luxottica) had to come up with a different way to manufacture these pairs because they didn't/couldn't cast the titanium the way they did it in the past. And that may have been one of the reasons for the higher cost. The store actually did you no favors by mentioning that and getting your hopes up thinking you may get close to that number. Just look at old sales posts here and on eBay and you can get a gauge on pricing. Just keep in mind eBay has a lot of unrealistic sellers that have items WAY overpriced, and therefore won't sell. :cool: 🤙
Oh I don't think I would ever get that kind of pricing. I was just amazed that Oakley would sell the 2 pair together for that much. I have seen just the pair of Romeo's for $5,000. Again, do I think I am going to get that much for them....no. However, do I believe being they are 27 years old, I believe someone might pay a good price for them. I am not even sure I want to sell them. Then the question becomes parts for them if I want to "freshen" them up since they have been out in my garage, in a box, for 11 years. Great info you have given to me for sure.

Oh I don't think I would ever get that kind of pricing. I was just amazed that Oakley would sell the 2 pair together for that much. I have seen just the pair of Romeo's for $5,000. Again, do I think I am going to get that much for them....no. However, do I believe being they are 27 years old, I believe someone might pay a good price for them. I am not even sure I want to sell them. Then the question becomes parts for them if I want to "freshen" them up since they have been out in my garage, in a box, for 11 years. Great info you have given to me for sure.
Ha. I kinda wanted to tell you to keep your pair. But you mentioned your reason, and it sounded legit, sorta. Hahaha. If it's not your style, then it's not your style. regardless of what others say. Especially a non expert. :cool: 🤙

IMO. Keep 'em!!!

Looks like black ear sock rubbers, so I assume a 6 digit frame you have. If the lenses are original with the x-metal etching and are mint (ie: no cracks or scratches/marks), complete with a matching box/serial/coin you are looking at closer to $1000 for what you have. If the lenses are cracked/scratched etc, then closer to $800

If your lenses are not cracked/scratched up in any way, i would not wear your frames with them, they will eventually crack and original lenses in good shape are virtually impossible to find these days. I would get replacement custom cut lenses from somebody here and keep the lenses tucked away safely if they are truly in good shape.

Now if your frame is a 4 digit (they came with red ear socks), you would be looking at more $1500-$2000 for what you have.

Back