• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Original X Metal "Romeo" model Sunglasses with Original Box and Coin

Welcome to the forum. Nice find. hang around and enjoy the Oakley knowledge here!

Thank you for your response. The rep at the Oakley store stated that Oakley did a reproduction back in 2020 including both X Metal models, the Romeo's and Juliets and the set sold for $15,000.00. I also have a pair of Juliets from the mid 90's as well, Sub Zero.4's, Racing Jackets, etc. I have all their boxes and paperwork that came along with them. I am much older these days and these do not fit my style anymore.

Again, I appreciate you responding to me. I guess i will do more research and see what I can sell the pair for.
That set is a fabled pair that noone has actually ever seen except for the ad Oakley put out. Some believe they never even existed but were a ploy to get people to the Oakley site to buy the cheap crap they offer there today.

If you want to sell them fast here and avoid the taxes and fee's that will land the same amount of money in your pocket for eBay and other sites for $1000 (you will get that minus) Then put a $750-$800 price on them and accept FF from a well established member here (not a newbie) and the whole $750 goes into your pocket tax free.

I won't be a mailbox vulture but I will offer to buy when you are ready. Just give a shout out.

That set is a fabled pair that noone has actually ever seen except for the ad Oakley put out. Some believe they never even existed but were a ploy to get people to the Oakley site to buy the cheap crap they offer there today.

If you want to sell them fast here and avoid the taxes and fee's that will land the same amount of money in your pocket for eBay and other sites for $1000 (you will get that minus) Then put a $750-$800 price on them and accept FF from a well established member here (not a newbie) and the whole $750 goes into your pocket tax free.

I won't be a mailbox vulture but I will offer to buy when you are ready. Just give a shout out.
I'll offer $751 😎

someone came forward with pics already. Really disappointing, they used cardboard inserts for the box. yea, it has gold lettering/print but for that much $$$ should've come in a Carbon Fiber Case at the very least. not sure if it was posted here or FB or oreview.

Thank you for your response. The rep at the Oakley store stated that Oakley did a reproduction back in 2020 including both X Metal models, the Romeo's and Juliets and the set sold for $15,000.00. I also have a pair of Juliets from the mid 90's as well, Sub Zero.4's, Racing Jackets, etc. I have all their boxes and paperwork that came along with them. I am much older these days and these do not fit my style anymore.

Again, I appreciate you responding to me. I guess i will do more research and see what I can sell the pair for.
Have to say I'm in the same boat, feel too old for mine, strangely, I feel fine in my R2s!

Latest Posts

Back