• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Original X-metal Ruby Juliet

Malv1

Oakley Expert
Hey guys, I just received my initial run pair of X-metal/ruby Juliet's with serial X016690. The lenses aren't as nice as I was lead to believe so I was wondering if the original deep ruby lenses are still available? I know a lot of the current ruby lenses are more fire than ruby.

And here are the pics... I feel after getting them that I got a little over zealous and paid too much but I am ok with it. I will make it up with the sale/trade of scores that I have paid too little for :cool:

DSCF1438.jpg

DSCF1431.jpg

DSCF1435.jpg

DSCF1432.jpg

DSCF1433.jpg

Can't wait to see your Pic's

Yes, the lenses during initial run are still availlable, but only from personal collection I think.

I own a pair of X012308 which I bought several years ago from an E-bay auction. The lenses are truly great lucky me!
It's true that even the lenses from initial run JULIET X-metal/Ruby are various from batch to batch. But still they do look a lot better than the later release!

P.S. I do have a question of my own:

1) Exactly how many 1st Gen X-metal/Ruby JULIET were made? 5000 or more?
2) I do hare some rumors that during the period of 2009 with the X-Men Origin - Wolverin hitting the box office, there is a batch of JULIET X-metal/Ruby in new package (new box, new coin design) that has the deep red/purple ruby iridium lenses just like the initial run release to the market! Is that confirmed?!

1) Exactly how many 1st Gen X-metal/Ruby JULIET were made? 5000 or more?

Well considering you have 12308 and I have 24559, i'm sure there are more than 5000 out there.

That looks purple enough to me, Malv.
I got two X-series XM Juliet's myself and the lenses look pretty close to what you got.

That looks purple enough to me, Malv.
I got two X-series XM Juliet's myself and the lenses look pretty close to what you got.

My big worry is that when I get replacement lenses, they won't be this same color shading... I don't like how I have seen some ruby lately that is close to fire and I don't like that.

My big worry is that when I get replacement lenses, they won't be this same color shading... I don't like how I have seen some ruby lately that is close to fire and I don't like that.
Yeah, so can't replace these old-time lenses. Unless it costs more to make Ruby more purple, not sure why they can't re-do the older effects. Baby these oldies, or else swap them out with newbies if you're wearing them. Or just heck with it and let tomorrow worry for itself!!!

Back