• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Ornaments

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
If it’s been driven in the elements before, I wouldn’t use a legit undercoat because salt and moisture can get trapped behind it and do damage.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Not sure what the detail shop around here uses but is it worth spending the money to get the life time (5 costs is what they say) is spendy but the truck will be brand new and it’s not cheap.
Had the Gladiator ceramic coated when i bought it. We’ll have to see how it holds up.

I only use Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and EXO to follow but IGL has great coatings as well. CSL is a 3 year coating but needs annual decontamination wash and topper but it holds up well.

I would recommend undercoating every truck North of Tennessee. I see so many truck rust away from neglect and not taking the proper steps to undercoat. It’s always at the seams of the lower doors and the seam around the fender wells. German cars use far superior seam tape and seal their seams up much better. You would think they could figure it out by now how to keep them from rusting.

I would never have the dealer coat a brand new car but find a shop that actually specializes in a well know coating. Dealer dudes usually are improperly trained. Also, anything you buy at Advanced or Autozone is not a real coating. Real coatings must come in a glass bottle.

Bump for a derailed thread

Username Hidden said:
Bump for a derailed thread

What gives you that idea? Ha.

There is a bunker listed on eBay for 90 bucks shipped. I have one I may be willing to trade in a partial trade for gearbox but I’d say snag that bad boy it’s a good price. Also some tanks listed as well.

Still looking for the tank.

Username Hidden said:
Still looking for the tank.
I might have an extra tank, once I get home from work I’ll check for ya