• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oscar Pistorius Shoots Girlfriend

Pretoria, South Africa (CNN) -- With his hands clasped in front of him, Oscar Pistorius arrived in a South African court Tuesday to seek bail as authorities accuse him of murdering his girlfriend.
The global sports hero known as the "Blade Runner" walked in wearing a blue shirt and gray suit as frenzied photographers snapped away, prompting a magistrate to demand they stop.
South African prosecutors have said they intend to upgrade the charge to premeditated murder.
As they stated that Pistorius "shot and killed an innocent woman," Pistorius buried his head in his hands and sobbed loudly.
The last time the world saw images of Pistorius, the track star was sobbing during a court hearing Friday, crumbling as he heard that heavy, hideous word: murder.
It's a far cry from the packed stadiums that erupted in applause for the double-amputee who dared to compete against men with legs.

130215201057-intl-blade-runner-oscar-pistorius-barnett-pkg-00001914-story-body.jpg
The case against the 'Blade Runner'

130218215305-ac-pistorius-charges-evidence-00005310-story-body.jpg
Prosecutor will upgrade Pistorius charges

130214154204-pistorius-steenkamp-story-body.jpg
Boldon: Athletes, guns never a good mix

130215120029-c1-weekend-pistorius-nike-story-body.jpg
Pistorius' friend: He's 'kind and gentle'

Police have released little about a possible motive in the Valentine's Day shooting of his girlfriend, model Reeva Steenkamp. Early on, local media suggested Pistorius had mistaken Steenkamp for an intruder.
South African authorities have stressed that the scenario did not come from them, and said there was no evidence of forced entry at the home.
Items found in Pistorius' home suggest Steenkamp intended to stay the night. She had an overnight bag and her iPad.
Steenkamp was shot four times through a bathroom door in Pistorius' upscale Pretoria home, a South African official familiar with a case said Monday.
The 29-year-old model was alive after she was shot, and Pistorius carried her wounded body downstairs, said the official, who was not authorized to release details to the media.
Police were alerted to the shooting by neighbors, and residents had "heard things earlier," spokeswoman Denise Beukes said.
A police spokeswoman said there had been "previous incidents" at the home, including "allegations of a domestic nature." They did not detail what those may been.
Detectives are investigating a blood-stained cricket bat in the home, Johannesburg's City Press newspaper reported, and are trying to determine whether it was used to attack Steenkamp, if she used the bat in self-defense, or if Pistorius used it to try to break down the bathroom door.
Pistorius, 26, has rejected the murder allegation "in the strongest terms," his agent said in a statement.
Meanwhile, friends and family will mourn Steenkamp at a private funeral service in her hometown of Port Elizabeth.
On Sunday, South Africans heard Steenkamp's voice one last time after her death, when the national broadcaster aired a pre-recorded reality TV show featuring the model discussing her exit from "Tropika Island of Treasure," on which local celebrities compete for prize money.
"I'm going to miss you all so much and I love you very, very much," she said, blowing a kiss to the camera.

Attachments

• 130215201057-intl-blade-runner-oscar-pistorius-barnett-pkg-00001914-story-body.jpg
    130215201057-intl-blade-runner-oscar-pistorius-barnett-pkg-00001914-story-body.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 192
  • 130214154204-pistorius-steenkamp-story-body.jpg
    130214154204-pistorius-steenkamp-story-body.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 130218215305-ac-pistorius-charges-evidence-00005310-story-body.jpg
    130218215305-ac-pistorius-charges-evidence-00005310-story-body.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 199
  • 130215120029-c1-weekend-pistorius-nike-story-body.jpg
    130215120029-c1-weekend-pistorius-nike-story-body.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 146
Well, it seems the prosecutors are going for a premeditated murder charge. I seriously doubt they would bring that charge if there was no evidence to back it up, otherwise they'd have zero chance at a conviction. The public doesn't have all of the details (for obvious reasons), so we'll just have to wait and see how this all pans out.

In light of this, Oakley really doesn't have a choice but to distance itself from Pistorius. They're looking out for their own image and interests as any responsible business would.

I think what alot of Non South Africans dont release, is that life in SA is very different to the 1st World Countries. Pity crime, muggings and maybe being knocked around alittle. In SA, you'd be lucky to get off with your life and If female.....who knows.

Personally, I moved to the UK because I kept getting robbed, my GF was followed home afew times but a group of guys - where they tried to get into the house and do goodness only knows what else. Ive seen my car been broken into with cops parked not 100metres away. Later when I had knocked the two theives out, I called the cops over, only for them to drive away. Ive had a co-working at Oakley pulled out his car at a traffic light, shot dead and the girl with him(also a O-Staff) driven away and gang rapped.

What makes the above worse, it that I lived in a small town. No huge city, just a little coastal town with a population of 3000.

So excuse me if I dont jump on the hate wagon just yet. I may be wrong, OP may have done it in cold blood. But for now, Im hopefully understanding....

All of a sudden there are "gun experts" on the forum. How many guys "accidently" kill their girlfriends? Do you gun experts know the type of gun used? Do you have all the details of this case. I can make whatever assumption I want. I don't claim to have all the answers. I just think his story is complete bullshit. If you think he is innocent well that's freaking great maybe you should write to him in jail or testify on his behalf.

I'm not suddenly on the forum, been here since 2011. Yes, I'm a firearms expert. I'm a firearms instructor for my police department and other local departments, I'm on our SWAT team, I've been a cop for six years, been shooting since I was 8, and compete on several levels. I could go on... The bottom line is, your prior statement was uninformed and inaccurate. Your most recent was just ignorant. Good luck.

I'm not suddenly on the forum, been here since 2011. Yes, I'm a firearms expert. I'm a firearms instructor for my police department and other local departments, I'm on our SWAT team, I've been a cop for six years, been shooting since I was 8, and compete on several levels. I could go on... The bottom line is, your prior statement was uninformed and inaccurate. Your most recent was just ignorant. Good luck.

marker_pwned.jpg

Attachments

• marker_pwned.jpg
    marker_pwned.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 146
Even if OP's statements are true, it manslaughter. Blasting holes through a door at an unknown threat, in the dark, is just reckless endangerment.

Noob, the weapon used was a pistol. I've owned and operated quite a few so I know how a pistol (and other firearms) work. In the case of a home invasion, to the untrained person they might shoot first and ask questions later, especially in a place like South Africa. It's not fair to say what any of us would do in that situation but it's even worse when you have no experience or training in firearms. It's beyond ignorant, so don't make it seem like you're any better than Oscar.

Sadly he is being made an example of as they do with all people of his stature. Did he kill her intentionally? Who knows. And no one will ever really know for sure, regardless of the verdict the court comes to. It's sad that this happened, for all parties involved.

Even if OP's statements are true, it manslaughter. Blasting holes through a door at an unknown threat, in the dark, is just reckless endangerment.

Agreed. I just truly hope is was just a horrible accident and nothing more. No matter the outcome, he will be behind bars for years and his career is over.

But if it turns out to be accidentally, at least kids that looked up to him will still have their idol.

Back