• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oscar Pistorius Shoots Girlfriend

If you take Pistorious at his word, it likely doesn't even start if he's armed with a knife or bat. If it does, it stops pretty rapidly and with significantly less chance of a fatality.

I think people are mistaking my stance on the shooting. I don't care why he shot her. It doesn't matter to me on any level. That being said, uninformed knee-jerk comments about guns or how bad they are irk me. That's not directed at you bopper. The last part of your post that I quoted is also incorrect however. I've seen people die from beatings and from stabbings. A committed individual will find a way regardless of the instrument used. A single strike or stab wound in the right place will do the job. Additionally, I've also seen people survive multiple gunshot wounds to include head shots.

As always, numerous factors in any situation will always get different opinions. Fact is, the act of shooting was committed, but what was the reason behind it? I think it's gonna be awhile before the truth is out, since now its just a trial to establish if he gets bail, and not a trial to examine the actual offense. I take the media's info from their "sources" with a tiny pinch of salt to be honest. I'll wait til the actual facts get publish thru the courts. What's true unfortunately, that this is a huge blow to his image and career. Oakley may have stated that his contract with them has been "suspended", but his profile has been taken off the website, so it's just a matter of time I'm sure. Another high profile athlete of theirs. What's next? Or rather who's next? They better hope their golden boy SW keeps himself in check. =)

I personally see not much wrong in the debate this thread was generated, just rem guys, keep it civil and all will be well in the OF. =)

Not to go off topic but didn't SW has an incident at a hotel or something? Like he was wasted AF and was disturbing the peace? Not implying anything just curious about the details

Not to go off topic but didn't SW has an incident at a hotel or something? Like he was wasted AF and was disturbing the peace? Not implying anything just curious about the details

Yeah he did. But it was minor enough I guess. In the eyes of the corporate sponsors. Ha!

Fact is someone is dead. You don't have all the facts of this case either. I feel he is guilty of at least involuntary manslaughter and should suffer the consequences. I believe a jury will find him guilty. Someone's life is ruined as a result. That's is my opinion and you have yours. I guess since your a cop you see this through a certain perspective. However, you didn't elaborate on the points that you found incorrect. Instead you just criticize my comments which is immature. I would really like to see things from your perspective since your an expert not just firearms but also in criminal justice. I am not here to bash people or argue either. I also respect everyone's opinion in this forum, contrary to what some non paying members might think.

I'm not suddenly on the forum, been here since 2011. Yes, I'm a firearms expert. I'm a firearms instructor for my police department and other local departments, I'm on our SWAT team, I've been a cop for six years, been shooting since I was 8, and compete on several levels. I could go on... The bottom line is, your prior statement was uninformed and inaccurate. Your most recent was just ignorant. Good luck.

I'm leaning toward murder. It may have been in a rage and therefore not premeditated but I am not convinced by what I have heard and read so far that he didn't know it was her. The report he gives is that she was in bed with him when he went to sleep that night. an intruder entering through the bathroom window would likely NOT lock the door that leads to his "bounty" . He shot her 4 times by the way. I'm not the police investigating this but that definitely raises some questions. Also why just blast away at the door when you don't even know for sure that someone is in there? Another thing is how could you not notice your girlfriend who was sleeping in your bed when you went to sleep is not there anymore? If I hear a strange noise I usually ask my gf if she hears it too before I go checking it out. I mean if there is an intruder I would want her awake and not sleeping. Just too many unlikely scenarios happening in this once situation for me to believe the story he is telling. Guess only time will tell as this case unfolds.

Live update ****

Defence has proven victims bladder was empty, "consistent with someone getting up at 3am in the morning to empty their bladder."

I think you and Hearmo are both ignorant. None of you have provided any "expert testimony" in regards to this case. Both of you claim you are "experienced in firearms" but don't provide any meaningful information besides that or your perspectives. I formed an opinion based on the articles I read about the case as did other people on the forum. Your are a complete moron if I made it seem like I was better than Oscar. I don't understand how you can interpret what I wrote as such in any post. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I feel he should pay for what he did whether it was accidental or intentional. I wish all mods were like Jono and Oakley Nerd...

Noob, the weapon used was a pistol. I've owned and operated quite a few so I know how a pistol (and other firearms) work. In the case of a home invasion, to the untrained person they might shoot first and ask questions later, especially in a place like South Africa. It's not fair to say what any of us would do in that situation but it's even worse when you have no experience or training in firearms. It's beyond ignorant, so don't make it seem like you're any better than Oscar.

Sadly he is being made an example of as they do with all people of his stature. Did he kill her intentionally? Who knows. And no one will ever really know for sure, regardless of the verdict the court comes to. It's sad that this happened, for all parties involved.

I don't think any of us said we were experts. We were just saying that we have handled and operated firearms which I feel is important in situations where gun control or gun safety is being addressed. The people that want to institute more gun control or are anti-gun are usually the people who know nothing about firearms, have never even fired one or know how they operate. They just aren't educated on the subject so of course they will believe the big bad news stories they hear everyday about shootings. When was the last time you saw a positive gun-related news story?

Have you operated or handled a firearm? If you haven't then I would say you are the ignorant one. I don't think anyone is arguing the fact that an innocent life was lost, we can certainly all agree there.

Back