• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OTT Black W/Ruby

• Thread starter Jairmayah
  • Start date
I'm really torn about OTT - I think they're awesome, and a part of me really wants a pair, but another part of me says, "you'll almost never wear them, you've got better things to spend your money on than a pair of shelf whores..." One of these days I'll have to resolve that conflict one way or the other.

Regardless, I agree - you got an excellent colorway for a great price! Congrats!
Oh yeah, I definitely agree. For this price, I don't have any plans to wear them almost ever.

If I had more important things to spend my money on then I would definitely reconsider buying these, but I don't have a girlfriend/wife/kids/bad job or anything to really focus on right now other than having a good time collecting shelf pieces. As soon as I find that special someone and get married, I can guarantee almost all of my collection will be gone though considering I only collect NIB Oakleys making them a good chuck of change that can be used on other things. But until then, I'll keep collecting for the fun of it! :)

Nice pickup! I was going to get in a bidding war on that pair. You got a good price.

Some of us should form some sort of rock-paper-scissors club to designate dibs on various auctions and avoid members from driving prices up against each other, instead be the forum vs. the rest of the world...:party:

Yeah, right, that'll never happen...:punish:

Some of us should form some sort of rock-paper-scissors club to designate dibs on various auctions and avoid members from driving prices up against each other, instead be the forum vs. the rest of the world...:party:

Yeah, right, that'll never happen...:punish:
Funny you mention this... I was contemplating the same thing earlier. I was bidding on an item (a very nice one) earlier and lost the bid at the end of course. All I could wonder was if it was to a person here on the forum. We both jacked up the bids on this particular item way above what it should sell for. It sucks potentially bidding against each other. Although, the same rules somewhat apply here on the forum. Whoever is willing to pay the price will have it.

Funny you mention this... I was contemplating the same thing earlier. I was bidding on an item (a very nice one) earlier and lost the bid at the end of course. All I could wonder was if it was to a person here on the forum. We both jacked up the bids on this particular item way above what it should sell for. It sucks potentially bidding against each other. Although, the same rules somewhat apply here on the forum. Whoever is willing to pay the price will have it.

Exactly - we may be a fellowship here (and I say fellowship instead of brotherhood because women are welcome, too - hello, women? Where are you??? I've got some candy...:spiteful:) and often members bend over backwards to help another member out. But...

Ultimately is always comes down to who wants it the most, and has the $$ to back it up... rules of addiction...

A unified front would be great, but, well... if wishes were horses then beggars would ride...

We both jacked up the bids on this particular item way above what it should sell for

That's why I love snipe bidding - it not only gives others little chance to outbid you, it forces you to bid what's really your max bid... No lowballing or you lose, no time to keep bidding to try to win, overspending more than you'd think is reasonable outside of the heat of the moment... if you do it right, your snipe bid either wins or loses, and if you lost, it's because the other person overpaid..

(for the GP I think I once posted an explanation of bidding strategies, snipe vs. troll, but F me if I can find it, either through search or reviewing old posts...)

That's why I love snipe bidding - it not only gives others little chance to outbid you, it forces you to bid what's really your max bid... No lowballing or you lose, no time to keep bidding to try to win, overspending more than you'd think is reasonable outside of the heat of the moment... if you do it right, your snipe bid either wins or loses, and if you lost, it's because the other person overpaid..

(for the GP I think I once posted an explanation of bidding strategies, snipe vs. troll, but F me if I can find it, either through search or reviewing old posts...)
Oh I snipe bid all the time. My bid on this item was actually a snipe bid, as I waited until the last few seconds to hit the "bid" button with a substantial amount over what was already bid. Unfortunately, the other guy was sniping too, and I only had time to get 1 last bid in before getting waxed. I THOUGHT my snipe bid would more than cover what anyone else was willing to pay, but I was proven wrong tonight and lost that bad boy! :mad-35: You win some you lose some. This is one that I definitely did not want to lose though. :(

Oh I snipe bid all the time. My bid on this item was actually a snipe bid, as I waited until the last few seconds to hit the "bid" button with a substantial amount over what was already bid. Unfortunately, the other guy was sniping too, and I only had time to get 1 last bid in before getting waxed. I THOUGHT my snipe bid would more than cover what anyone else was willing to pay, but I was proven wrong tonight and lost that bad boy! :mad-35: You win some you lose some. This is one that I definitely did not want to lose though. :(

That's kinda my point - you shouldn't snipe only what you think will be enough win; you should snipe the most you're really willing to pay, period, with 1 second left... and hopefully win for less. No second chances, all or nothing. Sniping is more than just timing, it's also a protective bidding strategy, avoids being tempted from bidding more than you want to pay, in the heat of the moment...

Sorry you didn't win it.