• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OTT replica

Elfmaze

Oakley Beginner
It's funny how life brings you back in a circle.

So I'm starting to fly again after 20 years of giving up the pilot dream. And while flying sunglasses are a pain In the butt. They sit under your headset seals and let noise in and press on you head. Hence why aviators have thin arms.

But I started thinking about headset mounted lenses and then about a set that goes over top my head with a split in the middle for the headset padding. After a while of napkin drawing and eye balling my 3d printer as a possibility to make my own I started Googling to see if anything is out there...

I had completely forgotten about the OTTs, I'm a juliet guy myself with three pair, two need repairs at this point.

But that would be sweet to find a pair of OTTs to 3d scan and add some style to my homemade aviation sunglasses 🤣. To be fair I didn't start this journey to replicate them, accidently reinvented them. But with my pop2 scanner and 3d resin printer I could possibly be able to make a decent looking flight bag set.

I would never be able to submit a real pair to the beating flight gear takes

Last edited by a moderator:
Back