• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Out Of All Frames, What Are Your Most Favorite And Least Favorite Frame?

bigOak

Oakley Beginner
Batwolf's best and (the upcoming) worst of '11 gave me inspiration here. What are you best and least favorite O sunglasses?

Factors can be based upon: style, construction (the build and look of the frame of course) comfort, and fit (or lack there of) or if you feel they do or don't look right on you at all.

This can apply to x-metal or o-matter

I'm gonna also draw some inspiration from herb's "do I or do I not suit these?" thread and place this rule in effect:

"The Nut Up Rule" - This thread is based solely on opinions, you have to be prepared that someone will not like the same frame you do. Everyone has different tastes, so expect different opinions about them and vice versa. If someone has a slight disagreement with your best or worst, offer the advantages and disadvantages you see with them instead of looking for an argument.

With that being said, I'll start off

My most favorite would have to be the fuel cell. All different kinds of special editions, color variations, great fit, and just how it looks on me.

My least favorite would be monster dog. Very bland and in the special editions they have done, not much was done as far aspecial color way or anything other than the icon. Also they dont sit well on my face either.

The Juliet looks killer, but wearing a set they felt like they dug into my head, crushed my eyelashes, and left huge gaps in peripheral coverage. Had to be the biggest let down of any frame for me. I know it's just an issue of them not fitting me, but I was really pumped to own a set only to learn they are unwearable.

My favorite is (surprise, surprise) the M Frame. Most versatile in terms of performance and fit, super comfortable, and just overall awesome.

Of all my frames, i have to say my favorite is the Juliet. I'm very sad they are discontinuing the line. The fit is awesome for me, they're virtually indestructible, and look aggressive without being over the top. Customization isn't crazy, but being able to swap colored rubber and lenses can give them new life if you ever get bored of them.

The one frame i hate in my collection is my Hijinx. They're just too damn big for my face and they don't sit well. If the nose pads were a bit bigger, they would sit fine. The only reason i keep them around is because they were a special edition HI Flag that you could only buy in HI, which is where i got them. Also my wife would kill me if she knew i let those go :lol:

Good thread, bigOak!

Would never of gone for them if I wasn't collecting the artist series but both fuel cell and hijinx fit and look awesome...however due simply to compliments ( and checking my reflection as often as possible) mrs Juliet gets my vote for Favourite..... Least Favourite is definately oil rig...I've owned 2, they just aint right...i think I suit them, I just think they look a bit toolish.lol..like I appreciate all the other designs of oak's but oil rigs just seem very plasticky and the single, almost visor like lens make it seem like something you might buy on holiday for a few quid.lol... Probably just me

Of all my frames, i have to say my favorite is the Juliet. I'm very sad they are discontinuing the line. The fit is awesome for me, they're virtually indestructible, and look aggressive without being over the top. Customization isn't crazy, but being able to swap colored rubber and lenses can give them new life if you ever get bored of them.

The one frame i hate in my collection is my Hijinx. They're just too damn big for my face and they don't sit well. If the nose pads were a bit bigger, they would sit fine. The only reason i keep them around is because they were a special edition HI Flag that you could only buy in HI, which is where i got them. Also my wife would kill me if she knew i let those go :lol:

Good thread, bigOak!

Thanks splice, I view it as respectful venting, because we all have our frames that other people like but we absolutely can't stand at all. Plus doing it this way makes it a less personal experience than just negatively responding to a thread in which someone is crazy about their frame.

And although I love the Juliet, my head just doesn't fit. I like to say that I was the one which xs and x metall xx was created for after the romeos were gone lol. Polished looks ok though, so may go that route. And I like the hijinx, but only a few, and they are either propaganda, Stephen Murray, or come from Nerd's collection lol

My favorite frame is the Monster Dog, great frame, aggressive look, great coverage and lots and lots of ways to customize, I think it needs more limited and signature variations though
The worst frame: the horrible Jupiter (not the squared) a frogskins spin off but in the feminine side
Metal wise: Romeo 1, radical design, great frame of indestructible quality, a timeless classic (just like my iroc z-28)
Wires: I'd say warden and just because the aggressiveness

My favorite frame is the Monster Dog, great frame, aggressive look, great coverage and lots and lots of ways to customize, I think it needs more limited and signature variations though
The worst frame: the horrible Jupiter (not the squared) a frogskins spin off but in the feminine side
Metal wise: Romeo 1, radical design, great frame of indestructible quality, a timeless classic (just like my iroc z-28)
Wires: I'd say warden and just because the aggressiveness

+1 to the Jupiter. I've only liked the donwoods but they fit just ok or awkwardly at times and I still can't convince my self to use an employee allotment on them.

+2 to the Romeo, I wish I could get my hands on one. Maybe this incoming ott I'm getting this week may help my cause. One day, one day. Haha

@rustpot: I too have a large head but still can't bring myself to take the m frame in its current state seriously, white and jade or black and black. However I do have an heavy interest in the clear with ice mumbos and the ballistic 2.0

+1 to the Jupiter. I've only liked the donwoods but they fit just ok or awkwardly at times and I still can't convince my self to use an employee allotment on them.

+2 to the Romeo, I wish I could get my hands on one. Maybe this incoming ott I'm getting this week may help my cause. One day, one day. Haha

You're not gonna regret it, BigOak, even if is for displaying purposes only, Mr Romeo is Amazing. and the Jupiter, it doesn't matter the painting pattern, they're nasty

Agreed on the Jupiter. I had them, but sold them. Otherwise they'd be my least favorite frame. Funny thing is i sold them in anticipation for the Jupiter Squared, but have yet to pick up a pair.

Latest Posts

Back