• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Out of all the aftermarket lens companies that make ruby color....

I haven't messed with them firsthand but IIRC their "red mirror" are red only, no other colors. Their "premium red" has some purplish hues with the red, while their "tanzanite" is more purplish with some red. But the effect is closer to Oakley's +red; nothing properly mimics so-called "1st gen" ruby...

If you want it primarily red with some purple you should go for premium red. Assuming you don't mind devaluing your Oaks with aftermarket lenses... ;)

If you want a really strong red from Oakley, go to the X-metal exchange section and search for "Baseball". Those Prizm lenses are about the most uniformly red you'll get OEM-wise nowadays. Oh and just ignore the fact that some were up for sale just this morning but "someone" beat you to it ;)

If you want a really strong red from Oakley, go to the X-metal exchange section and search for "Baseball". Those Prizm lenses are about the most uniformly red you'll get OEM-wise nowadays. Oh and just ignore the fact that some were up for sale just this morning but "someone" beat you to it ;)

It's my homepage and never saw it! Still...on Monday I will know what to be looking for once I know what I like best.

Yeah...those baseball lenses look NICE!!! I just asked him if he can make them for Pennys...just in case I like the Penny more than the Juliet.
Yes, just as easily as Juliet :)

When you're looking for blue lenses, make sure to check out Prizm H2O Deep as well - it's a cool icy blue, as opposed to the dark blue of Ice. Much more striking in my opinion, even though I like Ice. Sapphire is worth a look too. As long as Oakley makes it in the right curvature, you don't need to worry if they don't make it for your frame.

Yes, just as easily as Juliet :)

When you're looking for blue lenses, make sure to check out Prizm H2O Deep as well - it's a cool icy blue, as opposed to the dark blue of Ice. Much more striking in my opinion, even though I like Ice. Sapphire is worth a look too. As long as Oakley makes it in the right curvature, you don't need to worry if they don't make it for your frame.

I will want blue and will check out the Prizm H2O Deep....thanks for the heads up!!! :) I checked his eBay page and didn't see any baseball red...hope my glasses get here soon so I can figure out if I should have the made for the Penny or Juliet! lol

I will want blue and will check out the Prizm H2O Deep....thanks for the heads up!!! :) I checked his eBay page and didn't see any baseball red...hope my glasses get here soon so I can figure out if I should have the made for the Penny or Juliet! lol
He cancelled them on eBay because I bought them here :)

I took some photos of the Prizms I have in Juliets - the light is behind them so they look more transparent and less reflective than they do in real life, but it gives an idea at least...

Juliet Prizms | Oakley Forum

They look very nice!!

He said he could probably make them for the Penny, he just needs the frame to do so. So when I get the frame, I'll have to send it to him. I'll feel better doing that this way he can make sure they fit perfectly in the frames and there is no light bleeding.

I'm not a fan of Ice Iridium but Saphire is beautiful
H2O Deep however is an especially amazing lense IMHO, the color is unique and new for Oakley and it has the distinction of being both a Prizm lense and Polarized as well all in one. Not a too many Prizm & Polarized lenses with color available yet.
I have a set of H2O Deep for my RadarLocks and they heavy with Iridium so people will Def not see your eyes
The image is excellent thru them
H2O shallow is not as impressive IMHO but some people prefer it
Lastly, both H2O Deep & Shallow do not photograph so well so u can't just go by pics u need to see them in person if you are not immediately impressed.
And yes both are available from O for Turbines so they can be cut for Julie's & XS etc

Back