• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Outdated Technology Who Still Use Or Collects Them

This is the future!!
As society splits into Mark Zuckerbergs ‘Transhumanist model’ and the ‘useless class’...

The useless class will regress - eventually into caves and trees again...

The Transhumans will be uploaded onto his hard drive hidden in the Arctic somewhere!! 😂😂😂

I had a friend many years ago, who would do odd / crazy things, when he’d had too much to drink.

One time under those circumstances, I was driving him home and he asked me to pull over, so he could “ relieve “ himself.

When he came back, I heard a loud noise and turned around to find a pay phone that he had torn out of its booth and thrown in the rear of his Jeep.

Ah, the not so good memories of that ill fated association. 🤔

Of course I have a cell phone like everyone else. But as I get older I like reminisce the old days of analog technology. It was a slower time you had to talk to people to make plans. No texting or emails. A good ole fashion land line phone. If you grew up in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. I’m sure you used a payphone to meet up with friends or have ur mom pick you up from the mall. In the last few months I picked up 2 pay phones one brand new the other refurbished for home use. Now to find a analog line. They are good looking pieces when they are not dirty or used. But a used one has alot of character Lol
View attachment 851823
BellSouth: the good old days of phone service. Almost no one I knew in Atlanta complained about the service. When AT&T took over, it really went to hell. It's like they did everything to piss people off.

Analog phone lines may not be available depending on where you're at... in some places, phone service is delivered over fiber...and if you subscribe to anything faster than DSL, you can forget analog phone service.

Last time I seen a payphone was at the bus station.

I know I’m not the only one using outdated Apple products. We have a bunch of streaming music services no need for these devices. An original iPad 2, iPod 160g first gen, and 5 gig shuffle. About 10-13 year old tech still functioning. The iPad 2 is built like a tank too bad the software wasn’t lol. I only use it for YouTube and it really sounds good connected to a stereo reciever for music.
A12E2159-370F-4313-9957-5CE307E77DEA.jpeg

Of course I have a cell phone like everyone else. But as I get older I like reminisce the old days of analog technology. It was a slower time you had to talk to people to make plans. No texting or emails. A good ole fashion land line phone. If you grew up in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. I’m sure you used a payphone to meet up with friends or have ur mom pick you up from the mall. In the last few months I picked up 2 pay phones one brand new the other refurbished for home use. Now to find a analog line. They are good looking pieces when they are not dirty or used. But a used one has alot of character Lol
View attachment 851823
Hauled this home for free today. I’ll probably shine it up and hang it in the shop. I work for my local phone company and this came out of a Country Kitchen restaurant years ago. I definitely used this very phone in my twenties. I already had the little booth thing.
8EF05E4C-A0C9-4ADF-99FC-71D82CA0B158.jpeg
FDE6A61B-06BB-4992-86BC-1C865252D369.jpeg

Last edited:
Back