• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Over The Top Question??

stevan5150

Oakley Expert
Hey guys,

recently acquired some OTT's from a forum member here, haven't received them yet. But i am wondering how well are they at staying on your head when running or during active sports?

The 2nd gen with the black pads on the back stay on much better during active sports, imo. The first gen should as well, but some oxidation/peeling may occur as the sweat on your forehead will touch against the fmj coating.

***GASP!!*** You're actually thinking of wearing them for physical activities??? LOL, j/k brah. I'm expecting a pair myself and the thought never crossed my mind to wear them out, moreso to wear them for physical activities. But, to each his own...I can respect the fact that you are getting these with the intent to actually use them in a manner which they were meant for...wearing, LOL!

Post some pics of them in action, when you get a chance :cool:.

That's brings up a thought Ulua- were the OTT actually made to be a set of glasses for wearing, or are they a show piece that is functional enough to be worn?

That's brings up a thought Ulua- were the OTT actually made to be a set of glasses for wearing, or are they a show piece that is functional enough to be worn?

Good question...maybe one for a new thread. I personally look at them as more of a showpiece that is wearable. They are the perfect example of Oakley's extreme innovation and willingness to challenge the mainstream. In all of the time I've spent wearing Oakleys (or just sunglasses period), I've never, ever seen anyone wearing OTT's out in the public for recreational or physical use. I'd venture to guess that there were probably a ton of people sporting them when they first were released to the public. But now that their numbers have dwindled, I think more people treat them as collectibles and don't wear them regularly. I intend to try mine on, but that's about it :redface:.

As long as any activities performed, physical or otherwise, do not entail moving any facial muscles such as smiling, grimacing, or showing surprise, then the OTTs will be fine.

Otherwise you will be adjusting them all the time.

Sorry, that should have read ALL THE TIME.

As an ex-owner, I can confirm that OTTs are novelty show-pieces, nothing more, nothing less.

***GASP!!*** You're actually thinking of wearing them for physical activities??? LOL, j/k brah. I'm expecting a pair myself and the thought never crossed my mind to wear them out, moreso to wear them for physical activities. But, to each his own...I can respect the fact that you are getting these with the intent to actually use them in a manner which they were meant for...wearing, LOL!

Post some pics of them in action, when you get a chance :cool:.

Yeah I actually owned a pair when they were first released I was like 19 and wore them all the time , even at walmart, oh man you could only imagine the looks I got at Wally world. It's just been 10 years since I owned them so my memory is really vague on how they fit. I don't buy a single pair of shades without the intent of wearing them, I am a bonafide attention whore. So the more wild and more stares I can get from my shades the better :) I am running a small 5k at the end of march for a missionary and I thought they would ne a fun way to distract people lol

You can play golf in them

vrIe--ow_original.jpg

Photo taken just before he said "oh for fks sake" and adjusted them back down.

Made the mistake of grimacing.

Schoolboy error.

Latest Posts

Back