• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Over The Top

Awesome stuff - keep it coming!!
Lets hope the CEO need a new band for a TB2 at some point...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Awesome to see these bad boys get newly created.

Having these made is nothing crazy for CEO’s - these types are special, and company’s pay millions of dollars to satisfy CEO’s each year.

To me, this gives them a +1 as it shows how much he cares for the old and extreme, and that’s what I also like about Oakley.

As manufacturing costs increased, we under pressure to be more profitable. The amazing engineers in manufacturing came up with the 5-minute line. From plastic pellet to in the box ready to ship in 5 mins, actually 6 but the goal was to get to 5. You now had a max of three people working this line, from what was 15-20 in the past. Those machines are perfect for Holbrooks and Frogskins. Not much else in my opinion and the design team is creating product to be made in those machines. There's one line now that is fully automated, no hands touch the eyewear at all. The X-metal plant became costly and the process was dangerous and toxic. There is no leader within the organization now that is design driven.

So it sounds like LUX put Oakley under pressure to be more profitable and thats what caused the change, mainly?

Thats what most of us suspected.

Anyways, thanks for being a part of the forum and sharing your experiences from inside HQ with us.

So it sounds like LUX put Oakley under pressure to be more profitable and thats what caused the change, mainly?

Thats what most of us suspected.

Anyways, thanks for being a part of the forum and sharing your experiences from inside HQ with us.

That's just one side of it. Lux bought Oakley in 2007 and basically left us alone up until about 2014... Oakley had two years of missing the number they promised to deliver. The first year they said hey get it together. The second year they decided that since we couldn't get it together they would and that's when the changes came... fast and furious, and they made a lot bad decisions especially when it came to Italian leadership (IMHO). There are some good Italians working at Oakley, but at the top levels they mostly made bad calls. My last year there was spent doing about 20% work for Oakley and 80% for Luxottica - which I did not enjoy and was the driving force behind me leaving. Here we are now and Oakley is primarily the North American manufacturing center for Lux... other Lux brands are being made there today with Ray Ban being the primary. But... that's a good story for Ray Ban, made in the USA again. Right?

That's just one side of it. Lux bought Oakley in 2007 and basically left us alone up until about 2014... Oakley had two years of missing the number they promised to deliver. The first year they said hey get it together. The second year they decided that since we couldn't get it together they would and that's when the changes came... fast and furious, and they made a lot bad decisions especially when it came to Italian leadership (IMHO). There are some good Italians working at Oakley, but at the top levels they mostly made bad calls. My last year there was spent doing about 20% work for Oakley and 80% for Luxottica - which I did not enjoy and was the driving force behind me leaving. Here we are now and Oakley is primarily the North American manufacturing center for Lux... other Lux brands are being made there today with Ray Ban being the primary. But... that's a good story for Ray Ban, made in the USA again. Right?

Right in the middle of the great recession...

So let me ask you this:

The "special releases" that have happened lately like the mumbos and eye jackets, are they oakley-driven or LUX-driven?

Back