• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Over The Top

So it sounds like LUX put Oakley under pressure to be more profitable and thats what caused the change, mainly?

Thats what most of us suspected.

Anyways, thanks for being a part of the forum and sharing your experiences from inside HQ with us.

Many years ago, I had a very wise man tell me that if a company's sole purpose is to make money, it will fail. The sole purpose should be to satisfy customers, both internal and external, and then the money will come in. I always felt this was accurate...and obvious.

Forgot about this old OTT sticker.

05777B13-C905-41CB-B2C1-ACCEF3E71CA4.jpeg

These are fantastic and you sharing your stories, experiences and opinions are priceless my friend. Please stick around and continue to share your amazing pieces as well as your behind the scenes tales. We ALL appreciate hearing from the insiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know... but I can tell you that it's usually a two year plan to have those things happen and there were still a lot of old skool O heads there then.

I can reply to those. My team built them. Those were oakley driven. The product team was trying to get our name out there in a viral campaign for a younger generation.

I can reply to those. My team built them. Those were oakley driven. The product team was trying to get our name out there in a viral campaign for a younger generation.

Will there be more re-releases in 2019?

I do not know... but I can tell you that it's usually a two year plan to have those things happen and there were still a lot of old skool O heads there then.

The eye jackets were done outside of the system in about 30 days. No BOMs were created. They gave the paint guy the frames to do whatever he could that he thought looked cool. He did an awesome job. He is very talented.

The eye jackets were done outside of the system in about 30 days. No BOMs were created. They gave the paint guy the frames to do whatever he could that he thought looked cool. He did an awesome job. He is very talented.

Unfortunately it was the PALACE logo on the nosebridge that killed the release for most of us vintage omatter lovers

Latest Posts

Back