• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Over Tightened Flex Coupler?

yeah take pics. not sure if we are communicating correctly. the temple shocks adjust the amount of opening of the stems. No temple shocks= as wide open as it gets. you would have to have a really large melon (some people here do, me included) for them to not fit

hope the pic helps bottom has no shocks, top has standard 15

View attachment 1036938
Ahhh - I think that's totally it - I was so focused on the coupler and thinking it was the problem I didn't even realize the T-shocks were missing! Haha!

Thank you to everyone!

I've seen people shove rubber pads into the front or rear of the tabs to get a different outcome as far as fit.show us a picture from above.

I've seen people shove rubber pads into the front or rear of the tabs to get a different outcome as far as fit.show us a picture from above.
Is it possible that the flex couplers are more flexible than others? Excuse my ignorance, I was under the impression that flex couplers may vary from other manufacturers. Please educate me.

Is it possible that the flex couplers are more flexible than others? Excuse my ignorance, I was under the impression that flex couplers may vary from other manufacturers. Please educate me.
Yes all flex couplers are not equal. Some are full wrap, and some have sides open. The ones with the sides open are a little looser than full wrap ones. I suspect what OP got was full wrap.

Yes all flex couplers are not equal. Some are full wrap, and some have sides open. The ones with the sides open are a little looser than full wrap ones. I suspect what OP got was full wrap.
Thank you for explaining this to me, I now have a better understanding. I greatly appreciate it brah.

Thank you for explaining this to me, I now have a better understanding. I greatly appreciate it brah.
Here are examples of full and half wrap flex couplers. One has sides open. I like it when my pairs are super tight. That's why I use mainly full wrap flex couplers.

Full wrap.jpg
Sides open.jpg

Thank you! I knew there was a difference. The top pic is the ones that I installed in my Juliets and Penny’s. The four pairs of Juliets went great, the Penny’s not so great. 😂 Thank you!

Back