• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Painful Moments In Life Of Collecting

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

http://www.juleye.nl
The Netherlands
Well, after reading Batwolfs thread about his OTT's and the damage done to the lenses, I was wondering what are your painful O moments? I guess we all have them.

I'll start off ;)

The worst one happened with my 1st. gen 0.1's. When I was putting things in my display I touched with my hand one of my 0.1's when pulling back my hand from the display. And there it fell, coming with the lenses against one of the X-metal display stands. And I saw a new scratch appearing on the lens. The worst thing is, it was the one of my 2 0.1's that was in the best condition... That was just an extremely painful moment...

So, let's share this kind of experiences.

I had a pair of Gen 1 Juliet Plasma/Ice in my car when it was stolen in 2004. 3 weeks later, the police recovered my car but the sunglasses were gone. Insurance paid for it, but only $250 worth. Still stewing about that to this date.

Getting a little liquor in me and doing stupid things.

Between buying things when I'm trying to save, and starting the Half Wolf mod only to find out it won't work and I ruined a pair.

My Overthetop incident was pretty bad. I always have to mess with my stuff and I decided to try removing and installing the lenses, but I had forgotten which lens went where so upon installing of the lenses, left one went in ok but the right one was giving a fight. I pressed down too hard (had a towel between the lens and my hands) and it took a fingerprint size chunk out of the Iridium coating. I'm honestly not too mad about it though, because we have Chop on here who can cut new lenses in a heartbeat. Plus it will be nice to have fresh lenses in there, but here is what it looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter hit my c six glasses off my head when we were at universal studios Hollywood. The frame got scratched up. :(

Back