• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paint/Protection

Sandpaper is awesome...I highly recommend using it. Just make sure you get sand paper that can be used wet. I wet sand very lightly with 400 and then 1000.

Also if you get good with a rattle can you can get the desired effects you are looking for just don't buy cheap paint. Graffiti artists are able to achieve remarkable detail with spray paint it just requires a higher level of skill because of inconsistent air flow.

Mess around and see what works for you. Worst case grab some acetone and strip the paint if you don't like the results.

It's not as scary or difficult as some would like to make it seem.

Have fun with it!

I've had acetone eat the hell out of plastic miniatures... does it not do that to some Oakley frame types?

Yeah, had to research, highly recommended not to put acetone anywhere near plastic. (Even though it comes in a plastic bottle). I've definitely seen it mush up various plastics.

If anybody is reading this, I know for a fact that DOT 3 Brake Fluid will not eat plastic but will do a number on acrylic and enamel paints.

Tried dot 3 to remove the factory finish with no luck soaked for a week and it did nothing. I use acetone all the time without issue. I don't soak just clean with a rag and brush

Also hando do you follow oakleygarth on instagram...he started within the past few months and has already put out some killer stuff. Very creative designs. Apparently some custom shop ripped him off so he started doing his own

Sure don't. I'll have to check it out. My first project is going to be to do my own Fallout Frogskins with weathering powders... a Rust color with green corrosion. I'll be able to start on Monday when I get back to my house.

Checkout @oakleywake and @Oakleygarth on instagram. They seem to post lot more of their work on there.

@drchop's work is awesome, Ive had afew pieces from him and been very happy. Im waiting on afew more to come back to me too..

Latest Posts

Back