• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paint Stripping

gonna have to wait and see how this works out. Might do it to my "beater" Radarlock.

You can either dilute the Super Clean with a bit of water, or use it full strength. If you use full stength, remember to wear chem resistant gloves when handling the soaked glasses. The stuff can irritate.burn your skin a bit, but won't degrade the plastic (I've never actually had a problem with skin irritation with this product, but I have heard that some modellers have gotten burns on their hands from working with this chem). Let your glasses soak for a few hours to a few days, then hit them with a toothbrush, and the remaining paint should come right off.

just trying to follow up, how'd it work out bouncing_boy?

And to anyone: One thing I am wondering about is if I do this to my Radarlock frame, would the glue behind icons get hot enough and fall off when dipping repeatedly in boiling water?

just trying to follow up, how'd it work out bouncing_boy?

And to anyone: One thing I am wondering about is if I do this to my Radarlock frame, would the glue behind icons get hot enough and fall off when dipping repeatedly in boiling water?

i started doing that super clean stuff that NiGHTSx2 suggested last thursday and the paint is coming off slowly. i'm going to let it stay in there for a few more days.

i would suggest that you 1st try to take off the icons before dipping them in boiling water. you can put a hair dryer on it, it sometimes helps to take it much more easier once the glue warms up.

Back