• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Painted My Team USA Fuel Cells

Did you dip them your self at home? If so, how difficult is it to do and what happens if you mess it up?

Yeah I did it myself at home. It's not hard after you figure the process out. I had a lot of trial and error in the beginning but got the hang of it now. If you mess it up you can always strip it off and try again.

i wish you would had done a video of the Hydro dip process. That is one thing the internet is majorly lacking is videos of dipping glasses. Would help a ton for people that want to get started doing small things like this without F'ing it up lol.

i wish you would had done a video of the Hydro dip process. That is one thing the internet is majorly lacking is videos of dipping glasses. Would help a ton for people that want to get started doing small things like this without F'ing it up lol.

I'll do it next time I dip a pair. And I agree with you. I had to figure it out on my own pretty much. But there is a way I use that will get it right every time :) it's all about the prep work and the angle you dip it at. Small tips like using a pair of needle nose pliers and stuff like that.

Yeah I did it myself at home. It's not hard after you figure the process out. I had a lot of trial and error in the beginning but got the hang of it now. If you mess it up you can always strip it off and try again.
What do you need to do to strip it? I have a few car parts I have really considered doing this to but not sure if it's something I want to get into or not.

What do you need to do to strip it? I have a few car parts I have really considered doing this to but not sure if it's something I want to get into or not.

If you screw up a pair you can strip it with acetone or something like nail polish remover. As long as you don't use too much it won't mess up the frames. If I'd have know about this process when I had my motorcycle I'd have been all over it!

I'll do it next time I dip a pair. And I agree with you. I had to figure it out on my own pretty much. But there is a way I use that will get it right every time :) it's all about the prep work and the angle you dip it at. Small tips like using a pair of needle nose pliers and stuff like that.

That would be awesome ty, where do you get your supplies from?

That would be awesome ty, where do you get your supplies from?

I order the film from various online places (ebay included) and get the paints from auto zone or somewhere like that. It's not expensive at all either. I ordered a HUGE roll of that navy digital camo for like 15 bucks.

I order the film from various online places (ebay included) and get the paints from auto zone or somewhere like that. It's not expensive at all either. I ordered a HUGE roll of that navy digital camo for like 15 bucks.

ive been looking at the kits on mydipkit.com , just havent found anyone that has actually purchased from them

ive been looking at the kits on mydipkit.com , just havent found anyone that has actually purchased from them

Funny you say that. I got my stuff from them. The activator is a key ingredient that I'll probably always get from them. They also have a ton of patterns.