• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Painted Romeo Frame

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Best pics I could get; paint actually started to flake a little on one earstem as I rubbed it with my finger. I could tell something was up the minute I touched them...could feel the paint and the friction from it (and of course the color was off). This was an ebay buy and by the pictures (which look like maybe they were taken with flash), it appeared titanium but its not. Plus the frames feel lighter than they should-don't know if this is possibly a function of the underlying finish having been ground down slightly-but a pair of Carbon Juliets is heavier in hand than these.

Going to try to get an amicable return/refund----we'll see. Only solace? I have an X Metal on the way but the downside is it ruined a trade I had set up for a Romeo Scelzi which I'll now have to go to the open market for.

IMAG0874.jpg

IMAG0875.jpg

IMAG0876.jpg

IMAG0877.jpg

IMAG0878.jpg

IMAG0879.jpg

IMAG0880.jpg

IMAG0881.jpg

IMAG0882.jpg

IMAG0883.jpg

Well we shall see--eBay is VERY buyer biased these days, for better or worse. I had an issue with a pair that the seller said were like new but were scratched up big time. Took a few weeks, but I ended up getting a refund--course I wasn't out $400+ in THAT case. The frame looks totally legit but I'm really confounded by its weight...I'm telling you its REALLY light. The dimensions and thickness of the pieces look right, but I don't get why its not as heavy as my other Romeo.

No harm no foul, seller will be doing a full refund once I ship back the glasses. Very nice messages, just one of those things where the listing wasn't quite as specific as it needed to be. Sooooo....I'll be keeping my Plasma and putting some OEM custom cuts in and swapping between Ruby and BIP on my incoming X Metals with some red rubber. Now the only thing is to track down a Scelzi R2

No harm no foul, seller will be doing a full refund once I ship back the glasses. Very nice messages, just one of those things where the listing wasn't quite as specific as it needed to be. Sooooo....I'll be keeping my Plasma and putting some OEM custom cuts in and swapping between Ruby and BIP on my incoming X Metals with some red rubber. Now the only thing is to track down a Scelzi R2

I thought you were trading your R1 for Suby's R2 Scelzy... ohhh was this Picasso one??

Back