• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Painting over xmetals or just metal in general

I know right. If only... But that's what you get when can sink millions into developing paint for a specific purpose. The hydrodip tanks there sound crazy as well. Was chatting with the guy who does alot of the new colors/designs and they have dip tanks that will do hundreds of frames at a time.
No ****. I wish I was there for that event. Dammit. Lucky guy

Excellent post bro, if I'm being honest I prefer the anodised finish, but your paint work looks amazing, I will be in touch in the near future for another custom 👍 just need to get a few things straight... oh and another XX beater :lol:

Excellent post bro, if I'm being honest I prefer the anodised finish, but your paint work looks amazing, I will be in touch in the near future for another custom 👍 just need to get a few things straight... oh and another XX beater :lol:
Sounds great. I'm gonna be down and out with another surgery come May some time. Still waiting on a date. Covid-19 may delay it some but who knows. I hope your well and enjoy the latest pair from me..

I hope you're good bro, I'll be posting pics tomorrow of my latest and best pair..... So far anyway :lol: I'm hoping that another XX will come up soon, I'm like a coiled spring waiting to get my next custom under way.

I hope you're good bro, I'll be posting pics tomorrow of my latest and best pair..... So far anyway :lol: I'm hoping that another XX will come up soon, I'm like a coiled spring waiting to get my next custom under way.
I'm actually working on 2 for my buddy @BigRabbit right now. He had some pretty damned sweet ideas for his xx frames. One will be anodized the other one painted in a supershift pearl. I'm excited to finish those up for all to see. I think the best ideas come from friends like you guys. There is much to be said about thinking those things up. Credit is due for sure. I'd be lost without em. Nothing like an idea that kills it when completed..

I know right. If only... But that's what you get when can sink millions into developing paint for a specific purpose. The hydrodip tanks there sound crazy as well. Was chatting with the guy who does alot of the new colors/designs and they have dip tanks that will do hundreds of frames at a time.
Like this but with legit oakleys I'm guessing. Lol

I've never heard of VantaBlack to be honest
It's so dark, a vehicle, like the Batmobile will disappear in the dark.

Vanta Ferrari.jpg

Latest Posts

Back