• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Painting plastic frames

hrspla

Oakley Enthusiast
i have white frame slivers and I thought about painting them with hobby enamel paint from my airbrush. Has anyone ever done this? If so what kind of luck did you have?

Try some acrylic paints. Decanting spray cans work nicely and flow well through the gun easily. Super cheap way lol. I use Vallejo model air for most of my pairs. Very simple, have fun with it!

@Rick58

i have white frame slivers and I thought about painting them with hobby enamel paint from my airbrush. Has anyone ever done this? If so what kind of luck did you have?
I use auto base coats and pigments. 99% of the time I just wonder down to the near by collision center and nag the spray booth manager for the master colors yellow, blue, red, white, black and metallic. Specialty paints and pigments I order online like candies, supershifts and flakes. Epoxy 2 part clears to finish it up and for most metal projects and or special things I use cerakote armor clear and or air cure.. single stage enamels like model paints tend to annoy me for some reason. I just dont like the durability. Prep is everything as well. Be sure to either rough sand with a pad or fine media blast. Water based paints are cool sometimes too depending on what your doing. This is all water with epoxy clear
20180809_214603.jpg

I'm wanting to see someone put up a video of their work from start to finish. That would be a huge pain sounds like, but it would be awesome to see the process.

Back