• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paints and plastics

@Trucker360 are you planning on spraying these with a paint gun or are you looking to do spray can?
Can potentially for now. Possibly air brush later. Ive.been looking at the duplicolor metal cast blue over a silver pearl/metallic for a electric blue look. I've found an automotive parts that looks a touch darker than the electric blue but I believe has the right flake. I'm wanting g to do a current pair of straights in the blue. Then a pair of something yet to be determined in retina burn with plump crazy purple flames of vice versa. And possibly my own style Rio fades.

Can potentially for now. Possibly air brush later. Ive.been looking at the duplicolor metal cast blue over a silver pearl/metallic for a electric blue look. I've found an automotive parts that looks a touch darker than the electric blue but I believe has the right flake. I'm wanting g to do a current pair of straights in the blue. Then a pair of something yet to be determined in retina burn with plump crazy purple flames of vice versa. And possibly my own style Rio fades.

Ok, I've messed with a lot of automotive can paints to see what works. To be honest... Not much does. But the duplicolor wheel paint does. However you are very limited on colors. You can get black, white, silver, gold and a charcoal metallic color. :( I've used the exact one you are talking about using before. The result looks nice. But when you try to install the lenses it will scratch. At least it did for me. If you try it I suggest baking it after painting at 170 with over door cracked for two or three hours. This does help a lot but not like real paint. Then wait a week before putting in lenses. This will give it adequate dry time.

Right I read that the dry time on metal cast was 7 days. Found that paint I was talking about.

Screenshot_20160909-121048.png

Right I read that the dry time on metal cast was 7 days. Found that paint I was talking about.

View attachment 277460
Any automotive paint shop can match a color too. Regular automotive paint works well and doesn't chip or scratch easily. I've never used that paint personally. I usually use PPG or Sherman Williams auto paint.

Back