• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paints and plastics

Buy an airbrush...... You can get em at a hobby store for $30.00
Use duracoat or cerakote,rattle can paint is not very durable.scuff the plastic with a fine scotchbrite and wipe with rubbing alcohol. DuraCoat does not need an oven cure and the stuff is incredibly tough.

Buy an airbrush...... You can get em at a hobby store for $30.00
Use duracoat or cerakote,rattle can paint is not very durable.scuff the plastic with a fine scotchbrite and wipe with rubbing alcohol. DuraCoat does not need an oven cure and the stuff is incredibly tough.
Not familiar with it, pearls and flakes?

Not familiar with it, pearls and flakes?
You really need to do research dude. Having nice folks here type and explain isn't going to help as much as if you go and pound the pavement yourself. Go to auto body shops. Paint supply stores ect. Buying a 30 dollar airbrush won't help u much either. Pearls flakes candy's bases solids clears silvermaxs ect. All terms you need to sit down with an artist or professional. OR!!! Go try it yourself with some cheap beat up frames... it cost me alot of time and money to get where I am and honestly explaining it this way won't help much. It's also Soulfulfrog. NOT foul. Disrespectful and not really the best way to get help.

That w
You really need to do research dude. Having nice folks here type and explain isn't going to help as much as if you go and pound the pavement yourself. Go to auto body shops. Paint supply stores ect. Buying a 30 dollar airbrush won't help u much either. Pearls flakes candy's bases solids clears silvermaxs ect. All terms you need to sit down with an artist or professional. OR!!! Go try it yourself with some cheap beat up frames... it cost me alot of time and money to get where I am and honestly explaining it this way won't help much. It's also Soulfulfrog. NOT foul. Disrespectful and not really the best way to get help.
That was an auto correct mistake I didn't catch and sorry for that. I was looking more for general knowledge. Most of what I know has come from about 2 hrs of google. I didn't know the cans weren't as good as something with thinner and hardner added. I thought that was in the can. I'm trying to learn here. Hence why I bought my fives. There way too small for me but I thought I could play with them and learn.

Back