• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pair of Holbrook XL, my first Oakleys. Woodgrain + Black Matte, Shallow Water + Trail

KarlBlessing

I should Work at Oakley
West Michigan
Originally got the Holbrook XL a little under a month ago with the Shallow Water lens, love the way they look and feel.

Ended up getting Trail lens for them as they were more suitable for my hiking/walking out in the woods and what not.

Got the cheapest Holbrook XL the vault had, In the back room there were some reduced Matte Black with warm grey lens, and put my Shallow Waters into those. Would have preferred the one with the black colored O and rivets, but considering the price I'm not complaining.

So now I got the Black, more casual with the Shallow Waters for mostly bright conditions, driving, hanging out by lake/river, general appearance with the green reflection. And the Trail lens with the more appropriately themed "woodgrain" for being out in the woods, which stay bright enough when it gets dense or overcast comes over the area.

Though I do agree with most folks that the green reflection fits more the woodgrain frame, but the 'function' of the Trail lens feels more suitable to me for it.

P1011065_sm.jpg

Those look awesome! Where are you getting the Prizm Trail lenses?
The Oakley Vault store here where I live had bunch of them in a stock drawer. They had two trail ones specifically sized for the XL but didn't have any in stock for the Holbrook (non XL), was dismayed til I mentioned I had an XL and they were like oh wait we got some.

There were a few other options in stock but no Trail Torch which I wanted to try.

Another fan of the Holbrook and Trail lens combo.

View attachment 859371

+1. It's a bit bland, but surely likeable.
You have the frame I would have preferred over the matte black they dug up for me to use with my SWP. The silver on black is nice, but I tend to prefer more of a stealthy approach when it comes to icons and branding.

Though it still looks nice, was using both today, switched over to the Matte Black + SWP when the clouds all disappeared.

20210425_132423-02.jpeg

20210425_122919-02.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back