• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pair of Juliette's in need in repair.

CeeJay2023

Oakley Beginner
Hello, I own a pair of Oakley Juliette's purchased in 2003-2004. I have replaced the original lenses with prescription lenses.

With the last replacement the Optometrist informed me the frame was starting to fall apart. The bridge of the glasses is no longer secure and the frame wiggles quite a bit.

Oakley said they no longer support maintenance or parts for the Juliette model of glasses. They said the "buffers" (?) pieces of mesh in between the frame joints were used up.

Can anyone offer recommendations or assistance? Or a resource I can consult? These are my favourite sunglasses.

Thanks

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4630.JPG

Hello, I own a pair of Oakley Juliette's purchased in 2003-2004. I have replaced the original lenses with prescription lenses.

With the last replacement the Optometrist informed me the frame was starting to fall apart. The bridge of the glasses is no longer secure and the frame wiggles quite a bit.

Oakley said they no longer support maintenance or parts for the Juliette model of glasses. They said the "buffers" (?) pieces of mesh in between the frame joints were used up.

Can anyone offer recommendations or assistance? Or a resource I can consult? These are my favourite sunglasses.

Thanks

View attachment 1058421

View attachment 1058422
Aloha and welcome to the Forum. You need what we call a 'tune-up'. That means having your flex couplers replaced so your nose bridge is tight again. Inside is what we call 'flex couplers'. It's just a rubber piece specially shaped to fit X-metals. If your ear stems are loose, the can be tightened as well. If you have dings and scratches on your lens, this would be the time to replace them. Change rubbers and screws. Get your pair feeling like new again.
There are members all over the world. We can help guide you to the closest person if we knew where you located.

Welcome
Members offer Tune-Up Service in the US as well as Europe
Where do you live?
Hello I am in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

The Oakley store in Montreal said there were guys in the USA and abroad who were able to make spare parts like the little mesh spacers that fit inside the bridge frame.

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. You need what we call a 'tune-up'. That means having your flex couplers replaced so your nose bridge is tight again. Inside is what we call 'flex couplers'. It's just a rubber piece specially shaped to fit X-metals. If your ear stems are loose, the can be tightened as well. If you have dings and scratches on your lens, this would be the time to replace them. Change rubbers and screws. Get your pair feeling like new again.
There are members all over the world. We can help guide you to the closest person if we knew where you located.
Hello and thanks for the reply. I am located in Ottawa, Ontario Canada.

Latest Posts

Back