• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Panel Pack - Which Color Do You Prefer?

The multicam pack arrived and it is indeed missing the phone carrier on the strap. Its not a big deal because the pocket looks like it was designed for a small flip phone, certainly not my son's Samnsung Galaxy S4. The top pocket is also too small for the S4 but his iPod Touch fits ok. The price tag on the multicam says $120 US and the black panel pack is $100 US. I bought each for $66.50 so I'm happy with the price. As much as I like the panel pack, I'm holding out for another Burton backpack for myself and I'm giving these ones to my kids. I know, I spoil them :eek:

I find it very strange that the Multicam Panel Pack does not have the pocket for the phone on the strap like how it is on all the other Panel Packs. By the way, lucky kids to be carrying around an Oakley backpack to school..haha..

If its possible, how about showing some photos of the Multicam Panel Pack...

Packs are still a bit flat from being in boxes but here's some pictures. The multicam material definitely feels thicker and more durable. I wish the "O" icon on the multicam was black but I'm happy with both backpacks and I know my kids will be too:gamer:
unnamed51_zpsb4a8fbe8.jpg
unnamed52_zps5fba3451.jpg
unnamed50_zps95383f2a.jpg
unnamed48_zps981c8a0a.jpg

Very nice! They look great! The black one suddenly looks so ordinary when compared to the colored ones such as Multicam and grey. Any differences in the material between the black one and the multicam? Because the black one that I have, when compared to my grey one, the fabric just feels a lot thinner on the black one....

12961512784_f16b8fe3aa_z.jpg

My black one also feels thinner. Maybe that's why its listed at $100 US and the multicam is $120? I was going to return the black one when they messed up the order and sent the wrong color but they gave me a great deal on shipping for the multicam and my SI Straight Jackets, 2 soft vaults, and a watch vault. Yes, I am addicted!

My black one also feels thinner. Maybe that's why its listed at $100 US and the multicam is $120? I was going to return the black one when they messed up the order and sent the wrong color but they gave me a great deal on shipping for the multicam and my SI Straight Jackets, 2 soft vaults, and a watch vault. Yes, I am addicted!
Oh ok.... Good to know its not just mine. Which probably means the black ones are thinner then the other colored ones. Very odd. I wonder why Oakley did not just make it all in the same thickness. The thicker material feels a lot better and secure than the black one. But then again, I've used the black one close to 4 years and its still going strong. But I just wish it was thicker. I really like how the grey one feels and I reckon its the same for the khaki and multicam ones.

And yeah, you got a good deal there my friend!

Seeing it in the camo color made me want to buy one. I'm trying to figure out how to sow on the leather patch to the bottom of the bag like they did to the Panel in the Book of Eli. I think it would look cool but also extend the life of the bag. I didn't think I would like the camo but I think that's my favorite color for that model bag.

FYI~ Oakley.com has the Panel backpack in the camo for $100. I hope it comes with the holster for the phone. An iPhone 5s should fit in it

Last edited:
FYI~ Oakley.com has the Panel backpack in the camo for $100. I hope it comes with the holster for the phone. An iPhone 5s should fit in it
Unlike the other colors of the Panel Pack, the Multicam Panel Pack does not have the holster for the phone on the strap.

Back