• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

payday - poll from Oakley fan worldwide

Which date or date range is the payday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's the norm in the UK to be paid once a month. Weekly payment tends to be for more casual, lower/paid jobs, such as students working in a supermarket a couple of days a week. More than 25 years since I saw an actual wage packet, we are usually paid directly into the bank.

It's the norm in the UK to be paid once a month. Weekly payment tends to be for more casual, lower/paid jobs, such as students working in a supermarket a couple of days a week. More than 25 years since I saw an actual wage packet, we are usually paid directly into the bank.
Is a wage packet the UK equivalent of a physical paycheck?

Sent from Q's Note5

Just add to this, we don't have paycheck either, it is number money wire transfer to our bank account directly. :)$

Precisely.
Ah.

From what I can tell, companies are getting away from the paper check here; I'm sure it isn't dead though lol
My job requires direct deposit; that is fine with me. I HATE visiting a branch anyway. Some folks I know have their pay deposited on those prepaid debit cards Yuck. It has been over a decade since I have had a paper check (worked for a telemarketing company and they paid weekly).

Ah.

From what I can tell, companies are getting away from the paper check here; I'm sure it isn't dead though lol
My job requires direct deposit; that is fine with me. I HATE visiting a branch anyway. Some folks I know have their pay deposited on those prepaid debit cards Yuck. It has been over a decade since I have had a paper check (worked for a telemarketing company and they paid weekly).
Yeah, same here. Dug out my chequebook, last wrote one in 2007.

That is very good for you. Let us know if you need some advice, when that time.

Anw :focus:

Just curious to know - which date or date range is the payday most of us if not all?

Here in this part of Japan, it is the 10th day of next month.

It would be interesting to know of different practice worldwide. If you don't want to comment for privacy concern, just poll. Thanks.

Wow I don't think I could handle getting paid once a month. Is that a regular practice in Japan? I used to work for DENSO & we won a trip through work we flew to Nagoya and then took cab to Kariya City sorry if I misspelled it. We stayed in K. City because the Huge Denso in that area was considered the Mother Plant for the 1 I worked in. I only got to spend 4 days there but wish I could have stayed longer to get to see more. It was so neat. I think the Hotel Front desk hated me because in our rooms we had to stick part of the room key chain into hole in the wall to turn the power on for your room. It was my 1st time leaving the U.S.A. & had never been to hotel or any where that you had to do that. So every time I left when I got back I had to bug the front desk to go let me into my room because I always forgot to get my key out of power slot. I enjoyed playing Pachinko I think it was with little ball bearings made a nice little killing doing that. Lol Does most jobs in Japan only pay once a month? If so I bet they enjoyed coming to the states because we got paid bi-weekly.

Back