• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

payday - poll from Oakley fan worldwide

Which date or date range is the payday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good experience for you. I agree with previously commented "spread money" for weekly & bi-weekly. People gonna spend fast too, and this consumption help economy @@ my 5 cent input. Yes, once a month we get paid here in Japan.

Wow that's wild. The 1 time I went to Japan was actually only time I have ever left U.S. and here when you go eat and got bar and certain places it is customary to tip. I noticed one day when me and my do friend was exploring the city we stopped and ate and drank a couple of cold beers. When the waitress brought our check I don't know how much but let's say it was for $15 Yen and she was really good waitress never let our beer get empty and did great even though we did have times trying to do language barrier I'm from down South and have that slow country draw when I talk. As we paid up I tried to leave her a 25% tip because she was super sweet and very helpful telling us some cool places to check out. As we got up to leave she started yelling and running towards us and I figured one of us screwed up paying cause neither of us spoke very much Japanese. At restaurants we basically tried to get the waiters or waitresses to point out beef, chicken , and fish but when she got to us she seamed insulted and was giving us back some .one we tried to say it is our tip because we were very happy with our service she provided. I'm not exactly sure what all was said but it seamed like we insulted he'd very badly by leaving her a tip. Is it that bad of a thing to do leaving a tip to waiter or bartender because it happened at a bar later. If you can answer it would be appreciated I doubt I will ever go back I hate the 13 hour flight there. The 11 hour flight home wasn't to bad. Crazy how you can catch the Jet Stream and also how instead of flying over the ocean which I would have thought would be quicker you actually fly up and over Canada, Alaska, & I think The Female Vice Presidential candidate that could see or shoot Russia from her front porch.

nice story thanks.... No tip, this is the norm. Probably has to do with staff dedication, and tip is considered a "bribe" and it affect their dignity... lol ..... just the way it is, they been trained since a young age as a NO NO.

:focus:

nice story thanks.... No tip, this is the norm. Probably has to do with staff dedication, and tip is considered a "bribe" and it affect their dignity... lol ..... just the way it is, they been trained since a young age as a NO NO.

:focus:
I would really love to go back but I have some bad back issues and just couldn't handle the long flight anymore. It is a wonderful place at least what little I got to see and I think if anyone likes to travel to other countries I would recommend Japan. I had a blast. My biggest regret we wasn't close to any stations the Bullet train went through. I wanted to ride it so freaking bad. Thanks for all your replies and have great day.

I would really love to go back but I have some bad back issues and just couldn't handle the long flight anymore. It is a wonderful place at least what little I got to see and I think if anyone likes to travel to other countries I would recommend Japan. I had a blast. My biggest regret we wasn't close to any stations the Bullet train went through. I wanted to ride it so freaking bad. Thanks for all your replies and have great day.
Fly first class in the bed seats so you can lay down and sleep the whole flight. ;)

@CHUCK 52 : write to me in the conversation and continue, I like to read your update and provide a good perspective. I just want this thread to stick to its original purpose. Thank you so much. And yeah like he said @OakleyFrankFMJ fly first class to Jp so you can continue to discover bullet train and other parts, and surely the Japanese people you meet will assit you; you just point to your back and give a look like you have pain....it surely works.

Back