• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paying It Forward

Dallas O Hog

O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dallas
Well I've had a long few weeks and as some know my best friend of 12 years passed away. I was a wreck the day it happened and the manager working the day shift took really good care of me. Let me come in late that day and then a few hours later when she passed let me leave and go to the hospital. Those in the restaurant or know the ins and outs of my job know its hard work. For him to work all day meant a lot.
Well he let me leave and he closed for me. He previously also spent two hours coming to get me on our second ice storm so my wife wouldn't have to drive in the sleeted/iced over roads.

I also am in the process of moving and planning a reception as my wife and I did not have a wedding. We had a hefty deposit at the apartments and immediately he offered to front the money so I wouldn't have to stress or part with any of my collection.

Well I've been beating him up about his Oakleys as he has a beat up pair of half jackets that needed to be retired. Well as the Dallas O Hog and a fanatic of Oakley I got him a new pair of polarized half 2.0 and surprised him at work today as I am on vacation. He was blown away. I can't repay the actions but I shared my hobby and helped a selfless guy who has helped me

While I didn't go too crazy, I hope my friend David enjoys the he'll out of those and they see many years to come!

As far as my friend Janice, you were a amazing friend and I was honored to be your friend. Heaven wanted you too bad as you beat breast cancer last year but what he threw at you this year, you didn't have a chance. I am sad to see you go at the young age of 34 but dont worry, your little ones have a amazing Uncle Mike who will look after them. Even if they think my Oakley collection is crazy.

Guys I am glad to share a hobby with everyone, but more than anything I am thankful for the friendships I have gained. Some I have never met, some I've had lunch with but regardless I appreciate the advice and expansion of my collection.

Sorry to hear about your good friends passing. 34 is much too young. Stay strong, there are better days to come.

Nice to hear about you paying it forward wit a new pair of Oakley's for your co-worker who has helped you out. That's a great gesture and probably started a new collection. You will have to get him to check out the forum.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss my friend. These reminders that all we really have is right now - and what we do for the people around us both physically near to us and within our chosen communities - are important moments to reflect on how you're spending what time you have.

Live well and choose to be happy. Life is but a dream...

damn cuz i can sympathize with the situation thats tough. my condolences to you and your friends' family. That was straight up for your co-worker to help you out and im sure he appreciates the gesture. You've always been great to deal with and i look forward to watching you scap up everything i desire right in front of me while im asleep at the wheel.. :taunt: :lazy: :lol:

Latest Posts

Back