• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Payments on PayPal using Friends & Family

Tracking and insurance also have to be added so 4% isn't that bad. U can always go to eBay

People bitch about fees are the same ones who won't become premium members and help this site grow and keep up with the maintenance fees
Tracking and insurance would be in the shipping cost, not in the PayPal fee % though.

Tracking and insurance would be in the shipping cost, not in the PayPal fee % though.
Depends. If u pay as goods tracking and ins need to be added. Not always for f&f. International a while other story. Remember I spent $1,000 in three weeks mailing stuff. Probably more. But anyways comes down to not fuc king someone over

X times .96 = $400
$400/.96 = $416.67

For 4%

$400/.97 = $412.37 for 3%
I've done the math like that many times, the issue is that I've never once had PayPal take an even %. When it shows how much I'm sending to the seller it always comes out slightly off, and usually I have to send some stupid % like 4.13 or 3.85, etc.

I've just stopped buying stuff here unless the price listed is the G&S price.

For domestic transactions they shouldn't be charging you more than 2.9% + 0.30 per transaction. And international I believe it varies depending on which country you're dealing with.
I shouldn't be getting charged a percent in the first place. It's not up to me to add in the amount PayPal is going to fμck someone.

Well, it's up to you to make the purchase on the seller's terms or to negotiate that with the seller. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to buy anything. You get the choice, f&f and no fees (but no protection), or pay the 3 or 4% fees and be 100% protected. And as @Dallas O Hog said earlier, there's always eBay (and the much higher prices that buyers pay there).
I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything but the sterotype of ebay having higher prices isn't really accurate. I've bought more stuff there than I have from here, and for less than the same condition items are listed in our exchange for. That isn't with any type of fancy auction hunting or some crazy luck deal, that's just the reality that is ebay. Juliets sell for $200-$300 just about every day on ebay, people just see the buy it now pairs for $600 and assume that's what they go for.

When it comes to spending money here I have no problem doing it to support the site. When it comes to spending money here to support what I think are ridiculous terms of sale, I'll go elsewhere more often than not.

I mean this is America, somebody might put a gun to my head.

Back